A key leadership role and a significant opportunity to join senior management in a growing organisation, this position is ideal if you have strong operations experience gleaned from a fast-paced healthcare environment. The key objective of this post is the delivery of excellent person-centred care, the Director of National Operations role is critical to assisting staff achieve this objective. You will be responsible for ensuring quality programming, regulatory compliance within HSE tender requirements, the delivery of exceptional service and development of and implementation of both short and long-term operational goals and strategies, oversight of the operational budget and financial performance, as well as contract development and negotiations with the HSE and other potential customers.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring the highest levels of professional care and standards are achieved by your teams whilst delivering care requirements.
- Leading and mentoring an expanding team of Operations Managers, field-based teams and over 500 care staff nationally, ensuring all services are delivered on time, in full to all clients, maintaining excellence in the quality of care provided.
- Ensuring new business objectives are met/exceeded, and all new clients are onboarded professionally and are in receipt of agreed service levels at all times.
- Working closely with the Service Team to confirm and agree all requirements, tasks and times associated with each Client contract ensuring cost, compliance and health & safety requirements are met.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Recruitment Team to forecast and train an adequate supply of Carers to meet the increasing demand of the business.
- Responsible for the selection, development and performance management of all Service Team personnel, to ensure the efficient operation of the team and a motivated workforce.
- Continuously plan all work schedules to ensure maximum efficiency, services are fully delivered and gross margin objectives are met – taking into account expansion plans.
- Developing and implementing an effective communications strategy to ensure all goals and policies are implemented accordingly and best practise realised.
- Continuously improve business process throughout the service operation.
- Master’s degree or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional and managerial development.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management role with expert knowledge and extensive experience managing the delivery of community-based programs
- Financial acumen and an ability to analyse business intelligence/data to best inform the business decision process is a key requirement for the role.
- Experience of managing secondary client relationships in a fast-paced outsourcing environment with multiple contact points.
- Significant management experience in a complex organisation, with experience of performance analysis and business planning techniques.
- Knowledge of general management theory and practice to include quality, operations, leadership, planning, performance management and control mechanisms within an evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to obtain credibility with senior management and teams to influence and persuade whilst prioritising and delivering against deadlines.
- Demonstrate an analytical, systematic and strategic approach to the addressing of identified challenges with strong administrative, process driven and operational experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.