Contract SummaryThe Head of Library & Digital Content will be responsible for the management of all direct and indirect reports undertaking day-to-day library operations.
- Responsibility for working directly with IMG and its Clients to evaluate archives with a view to retaining/digitizing/storing audio-visual content of commercial/heritage/sporting importance.
- Retain ownership of IMG’s global ‘house-keeping’ and client ‘storage fee’ initiatives currently operating with a view to keeping both on track.
- Development of key client relationships via IMG Sales and IMG Production to enhance the visibility of the IMG Library, its services and remit.
- Responsibility for all IMG storage facilities both on and off-site.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the Nesbit library system including licenses, equipment, upgrades, integrity of data entry, etc.
- Responsibility for the recruitment and on-going training of librarians throughout the business to ensure they meet all standards of competence.
- Advise on library resourcing and procedures for small satellite libraries (New York & Sydney).
- Identify and manage a pool of fixed term contract librarians to provide cover as and when needed.
- Regularly review all library procedures and processes with a view to ensuring best practice and client satisfaction.
Digital Library (VIZ1 & Cloud)
- Working closely with the Digital Content Manager, ensure the digital archive operation is operated to IMG’s strict standards.
- Responsibility for liaising directly with IMG and its Clients to oversee the ingest, storage, identification and retrieval of newly acquired and existing digital media content.
- Work closely with IMG Sales on media integration with IMG’s sales platform www.IMGReplay.com
- Implement and regularly review all processes pertaining to file creation/deletion on IMG’s Digital Spine.
- Responsibility to manage digital storage billing
- A solid understanding of cloud based storage infrastructure solution.
- The ability to interrogate cloud based technology to provide accurate cost analysis, effective production workflow, ease of access by a globally based clientele and safe and secure storage.
- Responsible for all Health & Safety requirements directly related to the operation of IMG’s library operations.
- Assist the relevant IMG personnel in the preparation of documentation/action plans in relation to Risk Management, Business Continuity and Insurance in relation to global library holdings.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and Director of Operations to manage the library P&L.
- Build and maintain sound working relationships across IMG to ensure effective communication and awareness of both library and production needs and ensure satisfactory library service levels.
- Manage all the associated requirements of employing personnel including recruitment, training, appraisals, holiday & expense approval, etc.
- Commercially well informed to enable effective contract negotiation to ensure best terms for IMG and its clients.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Proven people management experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent knowledge of audio visual formats.
- Experience of digital file ingest, storage and retrieval and cloud based solutions.
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Client facing experience at senior level.
Experience of Nesbit or a similar library system; and Production MAM is desirable.
Contract Details and Working Conditions
- Job Location: Stockley Business Park, Uxbridge (free onsite parking available).
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Projected Start Date: Ideally, applicants will be available to start 1st September 2020.
- To successfully manage a team based off-site at our Vector Park storage facility.
- To provide cover at key production times including Christmas, Easter, Bank Holidays etc.
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media. The company manages some of the world’s greatest athletes and fashion icons; owns and operates hundreds of live events annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in licensing, sports training and league development. IMG is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.