Head Of Innovation
Job ref: EG/46697
Salary: Commensurate with experience
A specialty chemicals and high performance materials manufacturer that is committed to improving the world through innovation. The business develops and creates new products that solve immerging challenges, created by business climate and customer need. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including plastic processing, automotive, oil exploration, bio fractions and technical textiles.
The business is benefiting from substantial investment: as part of their continued development strategy, they are looking for a Head of Innovation to drive the creation of innovative product offerings within their Performance Chemicals division. The ideal candidate is a bold, creative thinker, seasoned leader, and has a prolific track record of successfully leading teams to develop & commercialize innovation.
The individual will be a key member of the leadership team at the UK based site and will liaise with their peers within the global Innovation organisation.
Primary Performance Objectives:
- Responsible for leading teams to create differentiated products to solve or advance customers’ business
- Serve as a ‘thought leader’ for integrating innovation & technology into the business strategy
- Establish goals for the technical organization that are supportive and aligned with business unit strategies
- Successfully execute and oversee the businesses innovation pipeline process.
- Translate customers’ unmet needs into product development projects
- Work closely with the manufacturing plants to introduce new products and processes, as well as improve and troubleshoot existing products and processes
- Participate in alliance and development activities with key business partners.
- Understand ‘value generation’ through problem solving, using innovation & technology.
- Maintain close working relationship with manufacturing, sales & operations, with the aim of upholding and improving products quality.
- Utilise own network and in-depth chemical industry knowledge to understand emerging trends in products and functionality.
- Skillfully develop effective & cohesive teams and team leaders
- Be an unwavering steward of our commitment to Responsible Care, regulatory, safety, and overall product stewardship
- Ask ‘Why not?’ instead of ‘Why?’ and embody a ‘can-do’ attitude, whilst challenges business & technical groups to think bigger and faster.
- D. in one of the following areas: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or Surface Chemistry
- Extensive industrial and managerial experience with 5+ in a department leadership role
- Skilled in the management and development of personal
- Broad knowledge of the Specialty Chemical Industry, with a deep technical understanding of one or more of the following: Polyurethane elastomers, Coatings and Resins, Bioplastics, Adhesives and Sealants, including the chemistry and customer applications of products
- Preferably a background or understanding in polymer processing both manufacturing and downstream conversion techniques
- Ability to translate the performance of products into customer valued benefits
- Past success in leading a diverse team of chemists and engineers
- Strong commitment to and knowledge of safety and Responsible Care
- Ability to work closely with our manufacturing plants to: introduce new products and processes, improve and troubleshoot existing products and processes
- Deep understanding of structure activity relationships and the ability to leverage that understanding to build new products for our businesses
- Demonstrated history of patent and IP protection
- 15% Travel Required (European and Global)
Our Client have retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Ellie Guest
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas