Head of HTA
This is a critical, senior level role in the Market Access & External Engagement team that leads and manages the Health Technology Assessment (HTA) group activities for UCB in the UK and Ireland at a time when UCBs pipeline contains several exiciting and potentially market leading medicines.
As the Head of HTA (internal job title is “HTA Group Lead”) you will have the following high-level responsibilities:
Lead the development of UK and Ireland HTA strategies with the HTA Access Leads and Associates in your team, and in alignment with the Head of Marketing Access & External Engagement, Business Unit Heads and Global access colleagues, to ensure the appropriate balance of patient access to our medicines and value generation for UCB is achieved. This role will work closely with the Early Solutions Market Access Lead who is responsible for HTA strategy and readiness for our pipeline products prior to point of HTA;
Build, manage and develop the HTA Leads, Associates and HTA Medical Writer in your team to ensure they have sufficient strategic and technical support and input into their activities, whilst also ensuring our future HTA needs are planned for, with personnel within the team and resource mapped to future HTAs;
HTA External Stakeholder Development
With the Head of Market Acesss & External Engagement, ensure UCB is well connected with key HTA related stakeholders (be they NICE, SMC, NCPE personnel, academic groups, HTA influencers etc…) to ensure as well as technical expertise, UCBs HTA function has constructive connectivity with HTA
- Building trusted relationships with external HTA decision makers and influencers;
- Providing appropriate levels of challenge to local and global team to ensure innovative HTA solutions are developed and risks are mitigated;
- Where required define/refine internal processes.
You will be accountable for a team of HTA experts which includes;
- Line management activities such as recruitment, succession planning, on-boarding and development/ training plans;
- Development of business plans that enable the team to manage the current HTA workload whilst developing appropriate resourcing plans to manage the future portfolio;
- Provide coaching and appropriate feedback to team members to aid their growth and development.
You are accountable for the HTA external stakeholder development plan which includes;
Enabling the team to grow external partnerships and publications in the field of HTA to support the UCB portfolio.
- Several years Health Economics experience, within the Pharmaceutical industry and/or Consultancy;
- Previous first line management experience preferred but not mandatory;
- Detailed understanding of HTA and the role of health economics within the NHS and pharmaceutical industry;
- Recent experience of developing Market Access and Pricing strategies and of delivering successful HTA submissions (with NICE, SMC and HSE)
- Proven understanding of economic evaluation concepts;
- Proven ability to work successfully with local and global internal stakeholders;
- Relationships with external HTA influencers.