Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
We aim high in Fleet
Whether we are driving sales to Businesses, supporting our rental partners or achieving the highest possible used car price, we are making bold visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating services built around making our customers both internal and external' lives less complicated. We are seeking an energetic strategic individual; someone that can stand out from the crowd with a high level of people management skills to lead the Fleet & Remarketing team in the next phase of its journey.
Joining Volvo Car UK means joining a company where we design your career around you. Volvo is a brand for people who care about the world we live in and the people around us. We are committed to re-thinking sustainability in our operations, in our cars and in society to protect what is important to you.
As Head of Fleet & Remarketing – Volvo Car UK, reporting to the Commercial Operations Director, we guarantee you outstanding opportunities to develop your skills and grow as a professional. You will collaborate with colleagues in other business units both within the UK and through our Global Team to ensure we deliver on our ambitious growth objectives.
What you will do
This role exists to offer strategic direction for all VCUK fleet and remarketing activities while creating an environment that inspires a high-performance culture;
- Deliver the VCUK corporate team sales objectives by effectively leading the National Fleet & Leasing Manager.
- Manage the National Business Sales Manager to drive SME sales performance via the retail network and a B2B Direct sales team.
- Support the Fleet Operations & Remarketing Manger in achieving the plan for all internal fleets; orders, registrations, wholesales, de-fleets and remarketing.
- Drive the Fleet Operations and Remarketing Manager to deliver the wholesale used car volume plan while maintaining maximum profit and optimising residual values through careful price and sales channel control.
- Act as a senior lead in managing the relationships of our major daily rental partners, data providers, Motability UK and leasing companies to ensure VCUK volume aspirations are achieved.
- Take responsibility in leading negotiations and managing the performance of external fleet suppliers whilst controlling a multi-million pound budget.
Do you fit the profile?
We seek a purpose driven leader with a strong desire to deliver market leading solutions in the automotive sector. You will have the situational adaptability in an environment with shifting demands of different situations. This role requires an entrepreneur’s mentality combined with excellent stakeholder management skills. You will be able to communicate and negotiate at the most senior of levels. We believe to be successful in this position you should have strong familiarity with fleet sales and remarketing in an automotive environment. You can lead/work in a multi-skilled diverse team and have an agile attitude toward getting the job done. You will need to thrive under pressure and display a resilient and positive outlook in what can be a highly pressurised environment. You have experience of working with and/or having implemented, a full agency model for sale of cars to fleet and business customers.
How to learn more and apply
We want your application via the link provided at the latest 30th September 2020. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
For questions about the position or recruitment process, please contact recruiter Dalila Kendic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Field, UK travel with 1-2 days a week at VCUK HQ in Maidenhead, Berkshire.