Head of Events who has excellent team leadership and organisational skills with the ability to define the Charity’s Corporate Events Strategy and manage a diverse range of Fundraising Events Managers is required by a well-established Charity based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY:£54,414 - £57,133 per annum
BENEFITS:26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.The Charity offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, they provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for their people.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week. As a charity, they’re always keen to support flexible working as best they can.
APPLICATION PROCESS:Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of Events who has excellent team leadership and organisational skills with the ability to define the Charity’s Corporate Events Strategy and manage a diverse range of Fundraising Events Managers.
It’s an exciting time to join the organisation. The Future Direction and Strategy Overview explains how they aim to reach and support many more individuals over the next five years, from 200,000 people today, to 500,000 by 2023 and growing the number of working dog partnerships from c.5K to c.7K.
To achieve the strategy, the Charity need to grow awareness levels of their cause and income to fund the services.There is a need to dedicate expert resource and strategic focus to their Events Fundraising team. A seasoned Head of Events who has the experience and drive to help us transform the Events team is required to change the focus and ways of working across the team.
The Charity needs to grow income of around £1m per annum by coming up with a new Events strategy to drive growth through innovation and driving the team.At the same time the portfolio of Corporate events needs to focus on large events with press opportunities to help awareness levels. As the Head of Events you will play a pivotal role in achieving this.
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Charity and the thousands of people they help.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Head of Events:
- Lead develop and manage a diverse range of fundraising and Events Managers
- Lead on the development, review, and implementation of the Events fundraising strategy
- Work across the organisation to define a Corporate Events strategy
- Manage volunteer and celebrity support at Corporate Events
- Work with other fundraising departments
- Manage and monitor monthly accounts for Events Fundraising to ensure income budgets and return on investment ratios are achieved
- Secure collaboration across all levels of the organisation, including Trustees and Executive Board in order to ensure a high profile at Events
- As a member of the Fundraising Management Team identify and develop support systems that reflect the evolving fundraising strategy
WORKING AT THE CHARITY
Working at the Charity is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide their work, they make a real difference, and change lives.
The Charity believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for the Charity.
- You will be a driven individual, with high engagement and influencing skills, and the ability to collaborate with Trustees, Directors and other key stakeholders
- Must have a proven background of developing and implementing effective and successful fundraising strategies
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have sound financial acumen, particularly with regards to management and financial accounting and must have the ability to interpret and make decisions based on financial data
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fundraising Regulators Code of Practice
- Eligibility to work in the UK
As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5321
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Redbridge, Ilford, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk
+ Excellent Benefits