DISCOVER your opportunity
We are looking for theHead of EMEA Reserving forAXA XL located in London. You will work closely with actuarial pricing, finance, claims, underwriters, information technology and management.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will youressential responsibilities include?
- Leading EMEA Region Reinsurance Reserving.
- Responsible for strategic direction of a global product area, function or business group.
- Seasoned manager or individual contributor.
- Looks to improve understanding of the drivers of the business and to increase profitability.
- Significant exposure to senior leaders of the firm as well as external exposure.
- Provides deep product and technical expertise or lead a global product, function or business group.
- Responsible for executing on functional strategy
- Partners with the business areas to improve profitability, efficiency, effectiveness and controls.
- Actively examines the need for improvement within direct scope of responsibilities and outside.
- Coordinates across multiple teams or groups to achieve objectives to the benefit of all interests.
- Recognized actuarial expert in product or region. Supporting local management, underwriting teams and Business Group Executives in the understanding and pricing of business. Participant and leader in Insurance Segment and Actuarial projects.
- Set the Strategic direction of the Business / Product Group
- Lead the team of actuaries supporting Business / Product Group
- Ensure efficiency of processes within Business Group / Product Group / Function
You will report to the Head of Reinsurance Reserving
SHARE your talent
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent with at least five years post qualification experience.
- Substantial reserving experience and a desire to work closely alongside other professions. Casualty reserving experience is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Experience with reserving methods to structure, access, and manage data sets for modelling and managing risk
- Experience with ResQ or similar actuarial modelling software used for reserving, pricing, modelling, or data analysis
- Very strong Excel and SQL skills as well as ability to use Microsoft Office for reporting
- Ability to work with IT and with large data sets
- Preferred experience with VBA
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more ataxaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity.AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.