Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
We are looking for an experienced CRM/Email marketer who is passionate about email and every message a subscriber receives. Reporting to the Director of Marketing you will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the overall company's email marketing strategy. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of our growth.
- Born to test - will keep on tackling segments until retention thresholds are achieved
- Working effectively across functional teams
- Owning end-to-end planning and hands on execution
- Reaching target customer through email campaigns
- Forecasting revenue targets by campaign to ensure commercial objectives are met
- Reporting on email performance and utilising data to optimise audience messages
- Delivering meaningful content and converting to sales
- Experience in managing creative output and think outside the box
- Team management
- Ideally 8 years experience in Email or CRM Marketing
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO/SEM
- Able to liaise with product teams
- Data driven with a flair for creativity
- Lead and manage a team of 5
- Global citizen - ideally has worked across geographies before
- Understanding of database tools
- e-commerce or tech background
- Experience of content management system
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Obsession with open rate
- Experience of working in start up environment
- Understanding of Project Management
- Attention to detail
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely.
Closing date for applications will be the 18th August
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.