Head of Education
A Head of Education / Training Manager / Wines & Spirits Tutor is needed to join one of the largest family-owned and family-run wine importers in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to utilise your expert knowledge of wines and spirits, to deliver inspirational and engaging training sessions whilst taking a lead role in the management of an exceptional wine training department.
With over 50 years' experience, 200 members of staff and an award-winning portfolio of over 1,400 wines, our client has built an enviable reputation for placing world-renowned wines. Due to continued success they are now seeking a Head of Education / Training Manager to lead their wine and spirits education team.
The successful Head of Education / Training Manager / Wines & Spirits Tutor will be commercially focussed and willing to push boundaries within the drinks industry in order to help influence future success.
In more detail the Head of Education / Training Manager / Tutor will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the delivery of inspirational and engaging training sessions that place the Education team and Berkmann Wine Cellars at the forefront of the recipients' mind;
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Veraison, ensuring that the department adds value across the business and contributes to our competitive edge;
- Define metrics to be used to determine account suitability for training investment and return on investment once training has taken place;
- Close financial management of self and team to ensure that the education department adds more value than it costs;
- Monitor competitor training programmes to facilitate benchmarking;
- Manage the Education team ensuring that all have clear objectives, KPI's and development plans;
- Develop and implement a successful E-Learning experience;
- Report back to your manager on a regular basis on individual and team objectives, highlighting in particular any areas of concern;
- Put together and present creative pitches that helps to ensure Berkmann stands out from our competitor.
To qualify?You could be a Head of Education / Training Manager / Sommelier / Wines and Spirits Tutor / WSET Assessor / Wine & Spirits Training Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience of working with prestige wine and spirits;
- You are an WSET L2 and 3 accredited tutor (WSET Diploma holder);
- Strong commercial wine knowledge;
- Experience of developing an E-Learning experience;
- You are analytical and numerate with good attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong management experience;
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about education and customer engagement;
- You are highly organised with the ability to handle a high and complex workload without supervision;
- The flexibly to work some evenings and weekends where required.
- You hold a full UK driving licence.
This is a rare opportunity for a Head of Education / Training Manager / Wines & Spirits Tutor to become an integral part of a successful family run business. In return expect a competitive salary, discount on wine, exceptional training and support, 23 days holiday and much more.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to interview prior to the closing date.