Date added: Tuesday, 26 July 2016
Closing date: Friday, 26 August 2016
Regional office:Central London
Location: Central London
Job Type: Customer Services
Download:Head of Customer Services - click here to download
This role is vital for the strategic direction and leadership of the Business Unit Customer Service Department as well as the management and control of all customer service issues and their resolution. As part of the Business Unit leadership team the role reports to the Managing Director. The Head of Customer Services will control and report on a substantial budget, manage key relationships with contractors and ensure that we offer a 5 star service on all aspects of customer service. We are looking for commercially aware, customer focused candidates that will act as Customer Champion for all Business Unit customer issues.
- Operate as part of the Business Unit (BU) Senior Management Team, advising on best practice from a customer perspective throughout the build process from pre-start to successful home ownership
- Attend and actively participate in key BU meetings, including the Land Purchase Exercise, pre-build planning and Sales meetings to ensure a consistent focus on customer service is maintained at all times
- Monitor and analyse Customer Satisfaction Results, KPI’s - internal and external success measures
- Oversee all elements of complaint handling, and the complaints process within Taylor Wimpey
- Ensuring adherence to the ‘customer journey’ and that the business delivers on its commitments to all its customers
- Provide recommendations for product design, delivery and service changes, based on customer feedback, that improves the overall offering from the business
- Act as the BU lead for all customer related training, role specific Customer Service and customer interface training
- Act as the focal point for the collection and presentation of customer data, ensuring improvements in service and process are based on effective analysis, and the interpretation of relevant data
- Proven experience in influencing and championing customer service strategy at a senior level, implementing and embedding improvements to systems and processes
- Able to demonstrate openness to change; continually strives to improve performance and be the best that they can be
- Polite, friendly and professional person who is solution focused and passionate about getting things right first time, but responds to challenges when called upon
- Natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for customer contact and developing relationships both internally and externally
- Role model, passionate about people development and able to lead, manage, and motivate a team
- Desirable but not essential - experience/knowledge of the house-building or a related industry
- 37.5 hours per week, (hours per week only shown, not hours per day)
- Usual working days Monday to Friday
- And other hours as required in role
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.