We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Asset Finance Risk Team sits within the Bank’s Risk Function but is deeply embedded in the Bank’s market leading Asset Finance business line. The team has a wide scope of work supporting a significant business line and operation and plays a critical role in both its managing risks and delivering excellent customer experience.
The Asset Finance business is an intermediary-led asset finance business that supports UK SMEs with their asset financing needs. Funding is provided across a wide range of customer types, assets and transaction sizes, leading to a requirement for an experienced team of risk professionals.
The role of the team is wide but its primary roles are:-
- Underwriting all new business proposals
- Managing in-life risks and problem loans within the portfolio
- Managing asset risks
- Managing and overseeing other risks other than credit risk across the business – Conduct (including Compliance, Regulatory, Financial Crime) and Operational Risks
- Supporting the business proposal flow; this includes proposal processing / credit administration and Customer Due Diligence / Know Your Customer onboarding activities.
What would your day look like?
You will report into the Asset Finance Risk Director, who will be your line manager and responsible for things like performance review meetings, 1-1s and development conversations.
The role of Head of Credit (Flow) is really important to us. You will in leading a large function (c25) in some of our core activities. You will be instrumental through your presence on the AF Risk team; helping to drive its strategy and its development to provide first class service and risk support excellence to the business.
The role is critical to the operation and leadership of the Asset Finance Flow Credit Management function supporting new business underwriting in an efficient and safe way, meeting expected KPIs/SLAs.
You will perform the day to day leadership of the Flow Risk function incorporating Flow Credit, mandated Credit Managers, Proposal Loading and Customer Due Diligence teams ensuring an industry leading ‘wing to wing’ efficient process. Critical to the role, therefore, is leading or supporting change and the development of technologies and auto-decisioning to continue the journey in creating a low/no touch environment for the business.
- Excellent process improvement and people management track record
- Experience of a flow process driven and KPI/SLA environment
- Extensive Asset Finance SME risk management experience
- Experience of working within complex credit processes and systems (with a focus on automated decision making) in a regulated environment
- Proven Asset Finance Credit Management skills – analysis, assessment, approval, etc
- Strong awareness of Asset Finance sector and relevant asset classes (e.g. CV’s, Materials Handling equipment, “Yellow” Plant, Plant and Machinery, Lending to Professions and broad sector wide SME lending etc)
- Familiarity with design and operation of Asset Finance automated commercial credit scoring / decision making tools and compliance testing to ensure adherence by business streams with agreed parameters.
- Good assessment and portfolio management skills, with recommendation conclusions led by expertise and data.
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills with proven negotiating skills and a strong ‘solutions’ orientation
- Some knowledge of other relevant finance sectors (e.g. commercial mortgages, invoice finance etc)– to identify cross selling opportunitiesand other risks associated when lending to businesses.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
In 2019 Aldermore Group was formed; bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
We also celebrated our 10th Birthday and fundamentally 10 years of helping those with ideas; by saying yes to our customers. We’ve propelled entrepreneurs on their journeys; we’ve given first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we’ve opened up the lending market to many.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.