Reports To: Managing Director
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
As part of our Hybrid Infrastructure IT priority, we have made significant strides in our approach to Cloud over recent years, we are now in a position whereby we would like to hire an individual to help to bring together the various strands of our Cloud business. The aim will be to provide a clear and concise narrative from our organisation to our customers.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
In this newly created role, you’ll be spearheading the management and development of our Cloud strategy across the business. To make the strategy come off, you’ll be required to collaborate both internally and externally with stakeholders to develop, implement and continuously evolve our approach as the market shifts.
As mentioned, collaboration is key to making this a success, and you’ll be required to work with multiple departments within Softcat including our Marketing, Alliances and Learning and Development teams to evolve our cloud strategy. You’ll be focusing on our products and services offerings to ensure we are enabling our Sales and Specialist sales teams across all regions. You will also be instrumental in communicating our plans, structure, resource, and capabilities across the relevant vendors and partners, ensuring mutual business plans accelerate our own strategy.
Key responsibilities include;
- You will be responsible for ensuring routes to market are consistently evaluated and evolved to ensure relevance to our customers and partners
- You will need to work with our Marketing team to help communicate our breadth of Cloud offerings and capabilities, both internally and externally
- You will work with the relevant departments to understand and shape our compensation methodologies for cloud/consumption/subscription models across the business
- You will be responsible for building and developing a diverse and inclusive team
- You will be responsible for providing continual communication, feedback and guidance to your stakeholders and manager
- You will need to be able to support our sales teams in client interaction and any problem resolution required
- You will be responsible to the business for managing costs, expenditure and profitability
What we need from you
- Knowledge of the UK Cloud Market and relevant vendors
- Experience of working within a services/managed services environment
- Experience of having to drive a self-acceleration strategy within a business and operate at a senior level internally and externally
- The ability to work collaboratively with other departments and teams within Softcat
- The confidence, drive and creativity to effectively run an area of business
- Previous experience of people management
- Proven experience in maintaining and developing partner relationships
- Proven experience in managing project teams using agile methodologies
- A passion for Cloud technology and driving the business forward is key
- The ideal candidate should be a strong influencer, proactive, articulate, with first-rate communication and relationship building skills, and be an adept organiser
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer flexible working patterns.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.