We are looking for an inspirational Clinical Pathology Leader to help shape and drive forward the future of our Laboratory Division.
CVS UK PLC are the largest integrated veterinary services provider in the UK. We handle a wide range of sample types from both UK and overseas first opinion and referral practices, dealing predominantly with companion animals with some exotic case workload. We also have a developing farm animal & equine diagnostic capability.
We want our Head of Clinical Pathology to direct the laboratory division to a new level, to be an innovator and to build our reputation within the industry. You will be based at either Finn Pathologists in Harleston or Axiom Veterinary Laboratories in Newton Abbott, depending upon your location.
Being based on-site at one of our laboratories, you would be responsible for:
- Leading the team of 10 Clinical Pathologists & 8 Internal Medicine Consultants, all of whom are based over three laboratories or working remotely over the UK & worldwide. Work closely with the Head of Histopathology and their 16-strong team of Histopathologists.
- Provide vision and expertise in developing staff and laboratory techniques, keeping us abreast with current and developing laboratory practices
- Work across the management teams to ensure our laboratories deliver the highest quality services
- Play a key role in the education of our own team, residents & external clients. Work alongside the CVS Director of Education in the delivery of this.
- Increase our profile in the industry by innovative means and maintaining national/international presence
- Contributing and supporting the clinical pathology workloads
You would be supported by the Clinical Pathology Administrative Manager in this role who would work alongside you to help you achieve the company vision.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications and experience.
If you are looking for a role where you can make a positive contribution then please get in touch.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to:
Clinical Pathology Administrative Manager