As the head concierge you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Provide a high standard of customer service to our residents and all visitors to the development
- Act as main point of contact at the front desk, creating a welcoming atmosphere
- Managing a team, driving excellence in line with the company's 4 pillars
This role reports to the development manager and has a team of up to 10 direct reports.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
You will have experience working in a similar role in a high-end or luxury development. You will have excellent customer service skills having successfully managed key relationships with stakeholders. You will be innovative and knowledgeable, with previous property management or facilities management skills.
- Provide front of house facilities and services to our customers
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the concierge team, utilising appropriate internal and external methods and support as well as conduct frequent reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring KPI's and SLA's are met.
- Monitor performance, setting guidelines, managing holiday / sickness absences and organise shift cover, undertaking or organising emergency cover as required.
- Ensure all communal areas and other aspects of the development are presentable to the highest standard and each staff member is performing as required.
- Undertaken parcel and post facility and distribution to customers.
- Effective positive liaison with customers, addressing queries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Regular site inspections and reporting notable matters to the Development Manager so that work orders can be raised where necessary.
- In conjunction with the development manager, monitoring and supervising contractors carrying out works on and around the development.
- Undertake development equipment and emergency systems tests weekly and keep a log as required
- Monitor security on site and track and resolve security concerns.
Skills and Experience
Experience of supervising a team and taking ownership for delivering excellent customer service, meeting individual and team objectives.
Demonstrable experience of front of house concierge and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Confident, articulate communicator - both orally and in writing; able to build relationships with all types of customer and guests with a resolution focused mentality.
Able to work with autonomy and as part of a wider team.
Efficient in maintaining administration and record keeping electronically.
Demonstrable ability dealing with problems and challenges effectively.
Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations, Residential Landlord & Tenant legislation relevant to property management.
Ability to work under pressure and deadlines, able to prioritise and delegate and manage time effectively.
Excellent IT skills, social-media awareness and up to date with new technology.
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy - We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.