Assistant HBUKCompany Secretary – HSBC UK Bank plc
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock newopportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want acareer that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting newdirection, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take youfurther.
HSBC UKBank plc (“HSBC UK”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, formedunder the Banking Reform Act 2016 as the ring fenced bank in the UK. HSBC UK provides retail banking and wealthmanagement, commercial banking and private banking services in the UK, and by size alone would sitin the FTSE 25 if it were separately listed on the London Stock Exchange.
TheCompany Secretarial global function (of 160+ FTEs) is led by the Group CompanySecretary who reports directly to the Group Chairman. The HSBC UK CompanySecretarial function (a total team of 8) is led by the HSBC UK CompanySecretary and supports HSBC UK and its subsidiaries in all aspects of corporategovernance.
Weare currently seeking an experienced and qualified individual to join this busyand dynamic team in the role of Assistant HBUK Company Secretary.
Yourresponsibilities will include:
- All aspects of support for the boards in your portfolio (including planning, scheduling, review of relevant materials submitted to the Board/Committees and all associated governance);
- Supporting HSBC UK committee meetings in various locations in the UK;
- Providing day to day support for non-executive Directors and various Committee advisors. including onboarding and training requirements;
- There will be a large amount of exposure to non-executive Directors and regular interaction at the highest levels of senior management;
- Record keeping and responding to legal, regulatory and other external information requests, second line reviews and internal audits;
- Work closely with the company secretarial professionals in the function’s shared global service centre in Bangalore.
To be successful in this role youshould meet the following requirements:
- Qualifiedcompany secretary or lawyer is essential;
Financialservices experience is desirable (given its inherent complexity) but is notessential;
Experiencedwith attending, minuting and advising at board and committee meetings, andsupporting and advising independent non-executive directors;
Strong verbaland written communication skills;
High attentionto detail and drafting to the highest technical standards;
Stronginterpersonal skills and proven ability to build, develop and maintain strongrelationships at the most senior levels;
Abilityto work to tight deadlines, manage multiple demands and demonstrate clearpersonal accountability;
Able to collaboratewith broader teams and across business lines and functions to ensure acoordinated and consistent approach;
High performancewith strong compatible values to the organisation.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balancetheir work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meetchallenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Wherepossible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-timeworking, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggeredhours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibilityin your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team inthe early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, webelieve diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and ourpeople. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer andencourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective ofbackground, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity,religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential whichis why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendlypolicies