We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Hardware Engineer looking to be part of a global organisation with a real focus on innovation. You will develop test hardware solutions for prototyping and high-volume manufacture of complex mixed signal semiconductors and MEMS products. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a technology company operating at the forefront of technology!
- Develop probe-head, sockets, contactors and associated peripherals (ie stiffeners, change kits) for wafer probe testing of semi-conductor wafers and devices in various environments, e.g. engineering bench, prototype labs, reliability, mass production
- Work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to establish product requirements and develop conceptual and production solutions
- Perform analysis for cost, manufacturability, durability, serviceability of existing and proposed designs
- Hands-on form/fit/function verification of prototype components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies
- Own and drive continuous design improvement activities utilising field performance data
- Understand and document test cell system hardware interface requirements and specifications
- Specify and document plans for hardware validation and verify performance to technical requirements/specifications & system requirements
- Aid the development of the overall test strategy and support the roadmap for test hardware development
- Design test plans and test cases to validate/improve new & existing hardware
- Develop, optimise and implement specifications and technical support documentation for hardware maintenance & repair requirements
- Engineer solutions to improve hardware availability and investigate/implement standardised solutions to aid cost reduction activities
- Work with test partners and internal customers to define and develop hardware metrics
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree/or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or another relevant discipline
- Proficient with 3D CAD tools such as SolidWorks
- Ability to collect & interpret data with strong diagnostic, analytical, problem-solving and report writing skills
- Knowledge of probe-head, sockets, contactors and associated peripherals (ie stiffeners, change kits) for wafer probe testing of semi-conductor wafers and devices
- Good communication, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Able to manage own workload and work to tight and variable time scales
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis modelling of products and systems
- Proven experience of designing test hardware used in automated probe/test of semiconductor wafers, assembled parts and MEM’s products (ie Probe Heads and Sockets).
- Able to work within a cross functional engineering team spread across multiple geographic locations.