Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Working as part of our ESD water framework, we are now looking for an H&S Advisor Pre-Con and Systems to join our team to be based throughout the central belt of Scotland.
The primary purpose of the Health & Safety Advisor (pre-con and systems) is to support the provision of health and safety technical auditing and compliance to the ESD framework as well as to provide health and safety advice and provide a safety technical input and support to the H&S function.
ESD is a joint venture between MWH Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non-Infrastructure program
- Lead CDM Audits on projects through prepare, design and construction phases of a project
- Assist project teams in development and review of Pre Construction Information
- Assist and review outputs in prepare and design such as HAZIDs / HAZOPs / HAZCON, design risk assessment
- Undertakes monthly SSERs on projects where required
- Review and provide technical feedback on high risk Risk Assessments and Method Statements as and when required
- Be involved in Incident Investigations on projects from the prepare / design phase of a project
- Support project teams deliver any business wide comms – alerts, business improvements, etc.
- Manages liaison with SW H&S team and undertakes joint visits as and when required
- Support and lead any ESD centralised inductions as and when required
- Initiates and produces any updates to the BMS and gives feedback from an implementation point of view to identify opportunities for improvement
- Leads delivery of ESD BMS Standards training for the business as and when required
- Prepare and issue ESD and Parent Company communications following SSER trending, incidents, reports
- Lead or Support any 18001 / 14001 audits on the business where identified and assist teams with the Corrective Action Plans to audit close out
- Support and lead any drug and alcohol induction screening when undertaking ESD centralised inductions
- Support content for weekly SHE Call, Source Magazine
- Participates in any Client required initiatives / working groups / forums as and when required
- Supports the Head of SHE in any H&S systems deliverables such as: systems review and update, training, inductions, management review etc.
- Manages Corrective Action Plan reporting process – identifies and reports against number of CAP in place, number open / closed, adequacy of actions to close etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- NEBOSH General / Construction Cert as a minimum – degree level qualification or equivalent preferred
- Membership of IOSH preferred
- Good experience of working in construction – full lifecycle
- Experience of delivering construction projects under the CDM Regulations – understands Client, Designer, Principal Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor roles
- Experienced in H&S auditing and working with the HSE
- Understands and can deliver H&S service to project lifecycle – prepare, design, delivery
- Good working knowledge of H&S hazards, issues, legislation and best practice
- Strong communication skills
- Works with others to deliver results – good team player
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Proficient with MS office and cloud based systems
- Pro-ative approach, self-motivated and commercially aware
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community