Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Working as part of our ESD water framework, we are now looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team to be based throughout Aberdeenshire.
The role of the Health & Safety Advisor is to manage the provision of health and safety technical auditing and compliance as well as offer health and safety advice and support to ESD. The successful candidate is also responsible for the provision of health and safety technical input and support to the H&S function as a whole.
ESD is a joint venture between MWH Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non-Infrastructure program
- Undertake monthly SSERs on projects in line with the SSER Schedule covering both H&S and environmental aspects of the project. This will also include any Parent Company focus areas as and when required
- Manages SSER production and close out of items on Active SHE
- Review and provide technical feedback on high risk Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Carry out advisory visits monthly on projects to provide support and assistance to projects
- Lead CDM Audits on projects through prepare, design and construction phases of a project
- Undertake Start on Site documentation assistance, review and technical sign off for each project
- Coordinate and lead Incident Investigations on projects in portfolio unless an alternative lead investigator is appointed
- Manages Incident Management to close out of incidents on Active SHE
- Prepare SHE Alerts following any incident or SSER trending aspects / hazards
- Manage and track to closure Corrective Action Plans required for projects following an incident
- Support project teams deliver any business wide comms – alerts, business improvements, etc.
- Prepare and issue trending information for discussion at monthly PM / SM forum
- Attends and supports Delivery Operations Manager at delivery meetings / quarterly forums / site manager forums / CBAB coach forums
- Manages liaison with SW H&S team and undertakes joint visits as and when required
- Support and lead any ESD centralised inductions as and when required
- Supports any updates to the BMS and gives feedback from an implementation point of view to identify opportunities for improvement
- Leads delivery of ESD BMS Standards training for the business as and when required
- Prepare and issue ESD and Parent Company communications following SSER trending, incidents, reports
- Lead or Support any 18001 / 14001 audits on the business where identified and assist teams with the Corrective Action Plans to audit close out
- Support and lead any drug and alcohol induction screening when undertaking ESD centralised inductions
- Support content for weekly SHE Call, Source Magazine
- Participates in any Client required initiatives / working groups / forums as and when required
Experience and Qualifications:
- NEBOSH General / Construction Cert as a minimum – degree level qualification or equivalent preferred
- Membership of IOSH preferred
- Good experience of working in construction – full lifecycle
- Experience of delivering construction projects under the CDM Regulations – understands Client, Designer, Principal Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor roles
- Understands and can deliver H&S service to project lifecycle – prepare, design, delivery
- Good working knowledge of H&S hazards, issues, legislation and best practice
- Strong communication skills
- Works with others to deliver results – good team player
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Proficient with MS office and cloud based systems
- Pro-ative approach, self-motivated and commercially aware
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community