Guest Relations Coordinator
Our client is a luxury 5 star hotel set in Royal Berkshire.
This stunning property is part of a unique collection of luxury 5 star hotels across the world. An amazing company to work for with real opportunity for progression and development.
We are currently recruiting for a Guest Relations Coordinator to work within the reservations and front office team
As Guest Relations Coordinator you will coordinate the reservations within the hotel and monitor and control the reservations which are coming across from reservations and websites.
You will carry out pre-arrival checks to ensure the guests stay is personalised as much as possible.
On a daily basis you role will be:
- Responsible for communicating and updating the allocations of rooms types and requested rooms for guest arrivals.
- Ensure that bedroom inventory and availability in Opera is accurate and deal with discrepancies and over bookings with revenue management.
- Liaise with reservations for prepayment handling in terms of ensuring payments are received on time.
- Ensure that all guest requirements are communicated within the hotel.
- Facilitating as the hotel product expert to reservation team.
- File all incoming correspondence in the correspondence folder.
- Check reservations based on the following criteria: 14 days before arrivals, 3 days before arrivals, Next day arrivals and Reservations made yesterday.
- When checking reports ensure rooms are allocated, car, restaurant, spa and activity bookings are confirmed or offered if not already booked.
- Ensure billing instructions are set-up and routed correctly.
- Ensure correct amenities are allocated and traced.
- Report any proposed and actual changes in a timely fashion to the relevant department.
- Responsible on the day for inventory control and selling policy as per Revenue Manager's guild-lines.
- Proactively check "Out of Order Rooms" and ensure timely delivery back to inventory.
- Review group inventory blocking and release dates are adhered, thus ensuring displacement is negated. Liaise with the events team in regards to their groups, rooming lists and billing instruction.
- Ensure the Guest Service Team has access to all relevant back-up for complimentary and 3rd Party authorisation forms.
- Inputting all complimentary and special rate requests which have been authorised by the Director of Operations and General Manager.
- Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
- Ensure job required certificates are kept up to date
- Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
- You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs
The ideal Guest Relations Coordinator will have
- Hospitality diploma /degree
- Previous experience within a five star environment
- English country house experience
- Customer service orientated
- Experience of Opera
- Excellent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office
- Good written and spoken English
- Team player
- Well presented
This is an excellent opportunity to work in one of the finest hotels in the country.
C&E Recruitment is a specialist hospitality recruitment agency. We have permanent positions available at all levels within the hospitality sector. Should this vacancy not match your skill set please feel free to apply, and we will get in touch should we have other suitable positions available. Please note that if you have not heard back within 7 working days, your application for this role has not been successful, but we may still contact you in relation to alternative positions. All candidates must be able to demonstrate that they hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK.
£20,000.00 - £20,000.00 per year