Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 4800 colleagues we operate from 27 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Our office in Woking is the head office, conveniently located in Woking’s town centre. It’s a 3 minutes’ walk to the train station from where only 30 minutes to central London. Although we are a small office with around 30 people, we see many of our colleagues from across TT when they visit for meetings. Most of the roles in head office are Group roles with an international focus, supporting the TT facilities around the world or working with our stakeholders.
TT Electronics is seeking a Group Tax Manager to support the Group Tax & Treasury Director with the management of the Group’s tax affairs. Working with the Group’s Divisions and external advisors to ensure the management of tax risk, compliance with legal requirements and to develop and implement tax and transfer pricing strategies to optimise the Group’s position.
The Group Tax Manager will be part of Finance at TT Electronics’ head office and will have regular interaction with other senior management in all areas of the business. The role would be ideal for somebody seeking their first move into industry, having qualified and gained the required experience in a professional services firm or for a tax professional already in industry looking to move beyond a UK centric compliance role.
- Assist with developing and implementing the group tax strategy
- Prepare detailed tax models for management of the Group’s effective tax rate and cash tax payments on a progressive basis
- Prepare year-end tax provisions for UK companies for the statutory accounts and review and assist with the year-end Group consolidated financial reporting for the whole group
- Assist in managing the group’s transfer pricing systems and documentation
- Ensure that the Group’s outsourced tax compliance is in accordance with best practice
- Assist in managing tax authority audit’s as and when they arise
- Provide ad hoc tax advice and support to businesses throughout the Group on a range of UK and international tax matters
- Assist in due diligence in relation to any acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations.
- Ad-hoc advice in respect of operational taxes including VAT, WHT and payroll taxes
- Working on ad-hoc tax, finance and treasury projects.
- A visible and accessible technical resource who can effectively to engage and motivate others
- Commercial and business awareness to complement a technical knowledge.
- At all times displays the highest levels of professional integrity, honesty and personal credibility.
- Does the right thing, particularly with respect to the safety and well-being of themselves and others
- Capable of developing him/herself as well as developing others across diverse locations and cultures to achieve improved levels of performance
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the credibility and stature to exert influence at all levels in the Group
- Pragmatic and innovative, able to deal with conflicting demands for limited resources, removing obstacles that stand in their team's way.
- Dedicated and hard working with the drive and resilience needed to overcome obstacles and succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to take into account diverse views
- Able to work in a management team, balancing the need for individual performance with the need for a shared set of optimal TT results. Ability to manage conflict within teams.
- A person who gets on with the achievement of stretching goals, using the processes, people and resources within TT
- A role model of the TT Way behaviours
Qualifications and Skills/Experience
Strong academic experience, high quality degree and qualified Chartered Accountant or qualified tax professional (i.e. CTA)
Experience of preparing and reviewing UK tax computations
Experience of HMRC correspondence and tax audit management
Experience of tax reporting under IAS
Exposure to UK cross-border issues (e.g. Tax Treaties, CFCs)
Exposure to international tax and tax jurisdictions outside the UK
Understanding of global transfer pricing systems and documentation
Understanding of VAT
Understanding of Payroll taxes
MS Office skills, particularly excel, to a high level
Hyperion HFM knowledge