R. Plevin & Sons Ltd, a market leader UK wood recycling company and a manufacturer of animal bedding materials, have an opportunity for a Group HGV Fleet Manager to join our busy team based at Elkesley, near Retford with regular travel to Mossley and Hazlehead (Crow Edge). In return, as our Group HGV Fleet Manager, you will receive a competitive salary plus company pension scheme.
We specialise in the recycling of all forms of waste wood and produce a range of sustainable products suitable for the panel board industry, biomass power plants and for use within animal bedding. Working across four sites, strategically located around the UK, the company runs its own fleet of specialist vehicles and trailers (including blow box, walking floor and curtain sider trailers) and provides services nationwide, with a head office in Greater Manchester and facilities in Nottinghamshire, Hazlehead and Lincolnshire.
Key skills and experience needed to become our Group HGV Fleet Manager:
- Lead and manage all aspects of fleet management
- Ensure all maintenance, servicing and repairs of vehicles in the group are carried out efficiently, economically and to the highest standards, complying with legislative and safety requirements
- Managing two garage workshops, (at Elkesley and Mossley) and a mobile mechanic at Hazlehead
- Provide detailed management information on fleet performance and to prioritise work schedules
- This role will also be expected to safeguard all aspects of compliance with the Operator’s Licence, ensuring statutory obligations are met and adhered to.
Our ideal Group HGV Fleet Manager will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Mechanical engineering or transport logistics degree or equivalent
- CPC National qualified
- Excellent IT skills
- People management experience
- To have experience of HGV fleet management
- Experience of running a commercial vehicle workshop
- Experience of managing fabrication/ welding activities
- Experience of working to ISO standards (ISO14001, ISO9001, OHSAS18001)
- A Health & Safety qualification (e.g NEBOSH)
As a family-owned business we offer a friendly, positive working atmosphere. In fact, many of our team members have been with us for more than a decade. We take great pride in our high staff retention levels and have a track record of hiring and nurturing young people alongside our company policy of taking on apprentices.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Group HGV Fleet Manager please click ‘Apply’ now!
Plevin is committed to equal opportunities and aims to be an equal opportunity employer.