Group Finance Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Hours: Full time
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Headquartered in Wilmslow and established in 1995, the Citation group of companies is a growing professional services and compliance business employing over 800 people. The product delivers valuable HR, Employment Law, Health & Safety, ISO and Electrical Safety products and services to over 49,000 SME's across the UK.
The Citation Group has grown rapidly over the past few years and have big ambitions for the future. As a Private Equity backed business, the plan is to triple the size of the business through both organic growth and acquisitions.
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic, hard-working, finance professional to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to develop and grow in an exciting, ambitious business environment.
Reporting into the Group FC, your responsibilities will include: the production and management of consolidated accounts for the Group; all external reporting requirements; overseeing the company's accounting processes; and leading the annual audit process.
Monthly Financial Reporting
* Preparation of Group consolidated monthly accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and supporting information), ensuring adherence to reporting timetables
* Business analysis & commentary on results
* Reporting of results (including supplementary information) in Board pack, investor's reporting system, monthly and quarterly bank reporting
* Dealing promptly and accurately with queries as they arise
Ownership of Technical Reporting and Control Environment
* Preparation of annual statutory accounts (Group consolidated and individual entities), including liaison with external auditors and advisors
* Ensure financial integrity of statutory accounts and management accounts, including adherence to FRS102 (for statutory reporting)
* Compliance with statutory Corporation Tax and VAT requirements, working alongside external advisors, including accountability for:
o Timely and accurate preparation of Tax submissions and payments
o Submission of quarterly VAT returns and monthly VAT payments on account
* Develop the control environment across the Group to mitigate any financial risk, whilst also seeking efficiencies and smarter ways of working
* Review of subsidiary balance sheet reconciliations and support with process improvements across the entities
* Be a key point of contact for certain key stakeholders including:
o External auditors and advisors
o Investor reporting team
* Coordinate all audits / visits from key stakeholders and ensure any suggested remedial actions are resolved in a timely manner
* Be a key point of contact on technical accounting matters for the wider finance team including entity Finance Directors and their teams
Budgets and Forecasting
* Involvement in Balance Sheet and Cashflow budgeting process for the Group
* Responsible for short term cash forecasting and influencing entities within the Group to ensure that cash conversion targets are achieved
Other ad hoc projects
* Involvement in implementation of new finance system across the Group companies
* Involvement in integration and on boarding of recently made and future acquisitions
* Analysis on change in accounting standards/legislation eg impact of IFRS15
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage non-Finance colleagues
* Advanced excel and data manipulation is essential
* Technically strong with a good depth of understanding and experience of financial reporting under FRS102 and IFRS
* Experience of improving processes and control environments
* Finance system experience is desirable
* Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
* Some experience of working in or with PE backed businesses is preferable, but not essential
Think you'd fit in? Apply now.
£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year