Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK comprising both Viridor and South West Water. At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people nationwide. Together, our aim is to build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers' lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Group and be a part of our journey. The role is for an Administrative Assistant to join our Group Finance function based at our Head Office - Peninsula House, Exeter.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in providing Group Finance with the support required to meet the need of both internal and external stakeholders, mainly focused on the Group's Heads of Department but also supporting the teams travel arrangements.
Secretarial and administrative support to the Group Finance Team
- The main areas include treasury, tax, accounting and pension functions.
- Monitoring telephone calls, handling callers professionally, efficiently and politely and ensuring a quick and effective response from appropriate colleagues and business departments.
- Prioritising all incoming mail as appropriate including monitoring emails.
- Implementing and maintaining a meeting log system to ensure all relevant contact with debt investors is monitored
- Organising internal and external meetings, including taking notes/minutes as required.
- Support Heads of Departments with board paper production.
- Plan diaries to ensure sufficient time for preparation ahead of meetings, prioritising and arranging deputies where necessary.
- Organisation of accommodation, travel and car hire arrangements for colleagues in Group Finance.
- Organising and maintaining an accurate filing system.
- Keeping an up to date contacts list including telephone and email contacts outside the organisation.
Support to Director's Executive Assistant
Working closely with the Director's Executive Assistant to provide cover during times of absence and maintain the consistent and point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders
The ideal Administrative Assistant:
- Previous secretarial, executive or PA experience in a busy office.
- A proactive and responsible approach to office working.
- Experience of reporting directly to a senior executive.
- Ability to work within a team and liaise with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Flexible approach to workload & working hours.
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting demands.
In return for your hard work as our Administrative Assistant, we can offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience; plus, a range of benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as our Administrative Assistant, click apply today
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.