Primary Location: United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Through engaged planning with each client; create a memorable and innovative event, exceeding expectations on each occasion. To anticipate the needs of your organiser/clients, suggest authentically local ideas, provide support to your client through each step of the planning process.
- Organise/disseminate information to all departments through e-mails, memos, event orders, directives, resumes and rooming list in a professional and timely manner.
- Build creative menus, mindful of food costs, labour cost and kitchen capabilities.
- Confirm electrical, Internet, telecommunications, audio-visual and exhibit requirements based on discussions with the client.
- Create floor plans for the best use of space for each event and to ensure banquet and client are in agreement prior to set up.
- Obtain guarantees of food and beverage events for Banquets and Kitchen. Must advise if any great deviation in number occurs, so labour and food cost can be controlled.
- Reconfirm and adhere to all details in Sales Contract, to include, but not limited to the following:
- Deposit Schedules
- Room Cut Off Dates
- Rooming List Due Dates
- Responsible for sufficiently ‘washing’ room block and food and beverage covers in order to ensure a more accurate forecast.
- Follow billing instructions in line with hotel policies.
- Yield bedroom and meeting space daily to ensure optimum potential through the use of Opera Sales and Catering and PMS systems.
- Conduct pre-conference meetings to ensure key departments are fully aware of relevant details pertaining to group upon their near arrival.
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review event contracts to ensure last minute changes are communicated with Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding.
- Fully knowledgeable of (and in adherence to) liquor and fire and safety laws and regulations.
- Fully aware of any industry trends.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings, also sales and operations meetings as required.
- Attend the post conference follow up, conducted by the Sales Manager, to address strengths and weaknesses of an event while soliciting return business.
- Establish good business and social relationships with the industry and participate in activities related to public relations to further increase sales leads for the department as well as the hotel.
- Responsible for following the guidelines/deadlines as detailed in the Conference Services and Catering checklist
- 1-3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written verbal.
- A confident dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of meeting space capacities pertaining to health and safety procedures and terminology of meeting room set ups
- Food and beverage knowledge is an asset
- Good understanding of all hotel departments, particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets and kitchen
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of SC is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS RESORTS