Exciting opportunities in a truly unique environment.
If you want to work in a unique and innovative environment, then AWE could be the perfect place for you – whether you are a scientist, an engineer, a mechanic or a business professional. Whatever stage you’re at in your career, we’re always looking for high quality candidates.
AWE are currently recruiting for a Graphic Designer to develop and create visual storytelling across multiple platforms (eg. print, digital), and for a variety of channels (eg. website, social media, events), to inform, engage and entertain internal and external audiences and support the company’s communications and marketing goals.
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours. A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
Location – Reading Area
Package - £32,970 - £45,000 dependent on knowledge and experience
You will be required to:
- Take design briefs and determine requirements, curating and creating corporate designs, advising on the appropriate delivery channels, and applying the most appropriate design principles
- Implement the AWE visual identity to create visually appealing on- and off-line content and collaterals that communicate information and messages – both internally and externally – and help to describe the brand and deliver key messages
- Identify and implement techniques and solutions that will enhance and improve marketing and communication outputs, at the same time as driving efficiencies
- Project delivery – to time, quality and cost – through effective project management
- Assist the Graphic Design Manager with the day to day workflow of the team
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills:
- A graphic design/illustration qualification
- Graphic design and typography skills
- Creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design
- Sound 2D Design/illustration/interactive EPUB/presentation software application skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills; can build strong, trusted customer-supplier relationships
- Drawing and visualisation skills
- Ability to manipulate small fastenings
- Ability to use specialist tools for exhibition assembly
- Knowledge of the design profession, and developments in online and offline publishing and printing technologies
- Knowledge of preparing artwork for output, print and digital media.
- Experience of designing for new media, web, EPUB’s, flip-page documents, large format exhibition displays
- Experience of producing content for social media channels
- Experience of creating and delivering communications campaigns
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the correct security clearance for this role and be willing and able to travel between sites and carry/handle exhibition equipment. You will also need the willingness to occasionally work offsite and overseas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.