Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for promising Graduate Web Developers to join our growing team.
You will be supported with in house training, a subscription to excellent online training and opportunities to attend external training and conferences when needed. In fact we will support you with everything you need to become a highly accomplished developer with the opportunity to work on a number of projects in our sector.
Our typical new application stack includes C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server. We use Team Foundation Server and Git for source code control. Our clients are the brokers and insurers in the UK insurance industry. We are looking for our future Developers, Automation Testers and Dev Ops Engineers.
Does this sound like the place to kick start your successful IT career? … Of course it does!
- Ability to complete all graduate Developer-level duties, including creating, maintain and modifying code
- Working in an Agile team to implement solutions which focus on re-use, extensibility and maintainability
- Working closely with peer developers and QA team members to ensure that user stories are delivered as a team
- Working with peer Dev Ops staff to ensure application and technical infrastructure designs are compatible
- Understanding business objectives and suggesting strategies to meet them through technology innovation
- Enhancing existing software by analysing and identifying areas for refactoring, optimisation and code clean up
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Recent or upcoming graduates educated to degree level (BSc or BEng) or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline (minimum 2:1)
- A knowledge of programming, ideally in C# .NET and ASP.NET, this can be experience gained from a placement, a final year university project or perhaps you already have a year’s commercial experience
- Someone with confidence who can communicate clearly
- A passion for learning new skills and for programming in particular
- We would also be interested in learning about any personal projects you have completed recently, including websites or your Github or BitBucket account
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & BENEFITS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING- Applied offers Private Medical Insurance, cycle to work scheme, and schemes to support employees.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- Competitive salary, and Pension Scheme with employer matched contributions.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work. That is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer paid time off including weeks of paid vacation leave, company sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, and 1 free day off for your birthday!
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer BBQ, employee appreciation events, art contests, personal and professional development programmes, car parking season ticket loan, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program.
TO LEARN MORE