A rare opportunity for a motivated graduate trainee to join a successful chartered financial planning firm offering comprehensive training and full support with professional exams, a great environment and clear personal development plan.
If you have an interest and understanding of the financial advice industry and are either a fresh graduate or have some experience of the industry this is a compelling opportunity.
You will initially join in a business support role providing comprehensive administrative support to two advisers and their team of paraplanners to ensure the efficient delivery of financial planning services to our clients.
In addition to gaining a firm understanding of the financial advice process by taking an active involvement in all aspects of the business, you will be given the opportunity to progress your career with professional study through to Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning and beyond.
The role is probably best suited to an individual who shows commitment to maintaining continued professional development, excellent verbal & written communication skills, a polite, confident & friendly manner and the ability to prioritise work and complete work within specified deadlines.
- To join a high performing team providing support to 2 advisers
- To liaise with product providers and have direct contact with clients to obtain and record accurate client data
- Ensure IO (back office system) is kept up to date
- Obtain accurate quotations from protection product providers
- Carry out general administration such as scanning, photocopying and dealing with the post
- Take full responsibility/ownership for Letters of Authority including the processing and receipt of information.
- Assist paraplanners with the preparation of new business submission files
- Taking a central role for the annual review process for clients, including generating reports, calculating costs and gathering up to date information.
- Adhere to internal processes and external compliance requirements
- Attend applicable internal training and investment market updates
- Provide regular feedback and updates to each adviser
- Weekly preparation of team meeting documents
- Full management of adviser schedule including diary management and client meet and greet where applicable
- Recent graduate with demonstrable interest or experience in personal financial planning/wealth management.
- Commitment to studying professional exams.
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate independent problem solving
- Excellent time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Willingness to study for professional qualifications and strive for professional development
- Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail
- Desire to develop and expand responsibilities
- Confident, team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Work to a consistently high standard
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- A desire to not just meet but exceed expectations
My client is a privately owned, London-based Chartered financial planner, providing expert financial advice to a wide range of clients including private individuals, companies, trusts and charities.
The opportunity is to join an established team headed by one of their most successful advisers.
20,000.00 - 25,000.00 per year
see job spec
see job spec