Come and work for an organisation that helps keep the UK running
Northgate Public Services helps reinvent essential public services like health, police and social housing both in the UK and around the world. Among other things, we operate the world's largest health registry, giving medical professionals the information they need to save lives; in policing, to help prevent and cut crime with world-leading IT transformation programmes; and in social housing, where we work across three continents to support more than 2 million properties around the world.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
NPS seek graduates who have a desire to have a career with a leading supplier of software and services to local and central government bodies. We are seeking graduates either with current experience or who can demonstrate an aptitude to work as part of the Customer Support team utilising ITIL incident and problem management process to provide support of the NPS Electronic Document Systems for our external customers.
A leading product based on the latest Microsoft technology platforms, providing key business benefits to a well-established customers, Ideally we are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic and technically to develop and be trained by experienced consultants within this busy support environment.
• Investigate and resolve an incident ensuring the Service Management tool is updated with all information relevant to the incident.
• Manage Customer expectations and maintain communication during the life of an Incident.
• Question the information provided whilst ensuring that all relevant information is obtained.
• Understand the contractual commitments in place with NPS’ customers and ensure incidents/problems are resolved within contracted SLAs;
• Work with implementation and development teams, identifying risks and mitigating them as appropriate. Escalate to Team Leader where required.
• Work towards team activities, targets/objectives, performance (KPI’s) as per business requirements.
• Follow processes and procedures for the team, and ensure they are correct and escalate any issues to the Team Leader.
• Acquire and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the EDRM software applications and the associated business processes
• Demonstrate an ability to pick up application support issues and working towards SLAs.
• To proactively review and improve techniques in order to impact positively on Customer Satisfaction.
• Ensure newly recorded incidents are matched to known errors, problems and changes and update customer and other records where applicable.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• A strong desire to be successful within the organisation with a clear view on personal goals and objectives
• A good level of understanding of effective customer service
• Good problem solving skills and an enthusiastic and pro-active approach
• The ability to interact effectively with staff and team members at all levels
• The ability work on your own to achieve set targets
• Proficient use of MS Office
• Ability to pick up and learn new skills quickly
• Good Written & verbal skills
• Problem Management and investigation skills.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of EDRM systems
• Knowledge of SQL Query Language
• Knowledge and deployment of remote access tools.
• INFRA or other Integrated Service Management Tool (ISMT).
• Knowledge of local & central government processes and procedures
• Full UK driving Licence.
• Security checks may be requested
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all communities.