- One of the UK's most popular small business finance apps with over 80,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- Loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered "exceptional")
- Rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot. See what customers say
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
Make a difference
It's an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
Creating the best place to work
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, which is why we stick to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.
We have built a powerful CI/CD platform which can run 32,000 automated tests in less than five minutes which allows us to remain productive at scale, and allows all engineers, regardless of level, to deploy code to production multiple times a day.
We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We have regular 'wiggle weeks' and we hold our legendary 'Hack Days' twice a year. Engineers write about what they do, and what they learn, on our popular engineering blog.
We have an amazing office in central Edinburgh (one of the great cities of the world), but only half of our engineering team work here – the other half work fully remotely, distributed around the UK. We currently only offer remote working to senior engineers.
- Develop new product features and improve existing ones using a test-driven approach
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers to deliver an amazing product experience for our customers
- Help your team plan, estimate and deliver projects. Shipping isn't just about merging pull requests – we put an emphasis on writing culture and ask engineers to document what they've created to expand our collective knowledge
- Contribute new ideas for developing features and refactoring areas of code
- Share what you've learned by talking at our weekly Engineering Forum
- Continually expand your knowledge of both our business and technology domain. We have the resources and we give you the time to learn!
Apps we use: GitHub, Trello, G Suite, Notion, Miro
- A recent or imminent graduate of Computer Science or similar subject at degree level
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Able to work from our beautiful Edinburgh office
We also look for:
- Demonstrable web programming experience
- A willingness to learn Ruby and the Rails framework
- Attention to detail. We value people who believe a job worth doing is worth doing right
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing self-development, improving both technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you.
- Strong communication skills. Being able to write well and articulate your thoughts are great skills to have in any business.
Annual salary £28,000 - £34,000 per annum depending on experience, plus we provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple; just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity.
Our selection process involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to our beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet the team. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really value applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!