Graduate Software Developer - Leeds
Your career starts here.
Interested in planning and delivering technology solutions along with developing your ability to write code? FDM’s software developer graduate programme will help you become a successful Microsoft .NET or Java developer and provides the opportunity to progress in a career within a wide variety of sectors.
Everybody tells you that technology is the world’s fastest growing industry, but what if you could really see for yourself? If you think a career in tech is just about coding, think again. Some of our consultants are currently working on exciting advancements in technology, including robotics, automation and more.
FDM is an award-winning graduate employer. We’re passionate about kick-starting graduate careers in technology and support you every step of the way. When you become an FDMer, you’ll be trained to the latest industry standards at our FDM Leeds Academy, situated in the city centre. You’ll then be placed on-site with one of our prestigious clients for two years, so for those critical first few years after graduation, you’ll be off to a flying start. It doesn’t stop there, many of our consultants go on to work permanently with the client, work internally at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience they’ve gained. If you’re looking for a fast-paced role with excellent career progression, look no further.
Over 3,700 FDM consultants are currently placed with our clients, working in a variety of roles including; Software Development, Business Intelligence, IT Service Management and Software Testing. We work with clients all around the world including HSBC, Virgin, Lloyds, Shell and Sky to name a few. Your opportunity to make an impact in the industry starts here.
- Commercially relevant training and development of employability skills including Microsoft Excel, and interview techniques alongside access to industry-recognised qualifications
- Excellent employee benefits, including the prestigious ‘Consultant of the Month award’ and the option to join FDM’s Buy As You Earn share scheme
- Accelerated career progression into a role as Business Intelligence Developer
- Opportunities across the UK and beyond
- Tech talks, social and networking events
Sound good? Find out more about who we are and watch this video.
The ideal FDMer has:
- An analytical, curious and creative mindset
- A passion for tech
- The ability to solve problems within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to learn new software languages
- Clear communication skills and the ability to work with people across all departments
- A degree or higher, preferably within a STEM discipline but all degrees considered
- An interest in working nationally to support our clients
- Commitment to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
The tech industry is constantly evolving and continuously needs new developers to take over critical tasks.With assessment centres running all year round and multiple start dates available, make an application today and see where your career will take you!
Please note, applying for this role does not guarantee a place on this particular programme, you will be assessed at the assessment day to align you to a best suited role for your skillset. There are other roles available including; Software Testing, IT Service Management and Business Intelligence.