The role has primary responsibility for the successful deployment of software packages and maintaining and enhancing the release processes.
This role focuses on deploying software packages and scripts for high availability wealth management production systems along with releases into a number of development and test environments used by our internal teams and by our client test teams. You will eventually be responsible for the software releases to our production platforms.
Specific Role Responsibilities
Executes software release management processes. Includes deploying software with standard software tools to test, client and eventually Production environments. Accurately applies code fixes to all environments as required.
- Deploy software releases to various platforms, including our production platform; this includes client and server install scripts, and build and release automation scripts.
- Identifies any SCM issues in assigned projects during the lifecycle of that project and plans and executes the resolution of those issues, usually with the supervision of management or technical leadership.
- Performs complex code line/branch merging, escalating to appropriate developers and managers as necessary for conflict resolution
- Manages one or more source control repositories, ensuring that repository systems are upgraded to latest versions as appropriate while managing risk associated with updates.
- Works with internal systems related to deployment and deployment methodology, including bug tracking, code review, continuous integration, and wiki software, integrating into the source control repository as necessary under the guidance of the technology leadership team
- Gather raw data and statistics about code, review comments, defects as necessary to enable continuing improvement of code development and overall quality, producing summary reports as necessary
- Willing to work with project teams in the evenings and at weekends to conduct releases.
- This role is not in scope for activities which have a direct or indirect impact on CASS processing which takes place within FNZ for FNZ and/or FNZ’s clients. There is a requirement to remain up to date with CASS developments and changes as communicated with FNZ
- Software Engineering Degree First Class or equivalent work experience in a technology field.
- A team player with good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly focused.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple priorities.
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly and ability to apply that knowledge to the software configuration management effort.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information clearly in both verbal and written form.
The ideal candidate will have experience with source control systems, software build systems in the context of MS .NET and MS SQL technologies, bug-tracking systems, and shell scripting. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to operate independently on a day-to-day basis, handle software upgrades in a non-disruptive fashion, understand when to escalate issues and risks, and produce small software deliverables (e.g. scripting, automation. system integration) with minimal hands on oversight. The ideal candidate must be well-organized, possess effective oral and written communication skills, and have a healthy respect for process-driven activities.
The successful candidate must possess a solid understanding in most of the following areas:
- Source Control tools (such as AccuRev, SubVersion or GIT)
- Build and Deploy tools (such as MSBuild, Ant, Nant and Maven),
- CI tools (such as TeamCity or Jenkins);
- Systems Platforms - MS Windows IIS, Windows, Linux
- Database technologies - SQL Server
- IDEs such as MS Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Skills and experience with shell and scripting languages desirable
FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. We partner with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals. The business has grown rapidly in recent years, as its institutional customers have used FNZ’s platform to improve transparency, choice and drive down long-term costs for consumers of wealth management products across all segments: from mass-market workplace pensions to mass-affluent and high-net-worth clients.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £330 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 5 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Santander, Lloyds Bank, Vanguard, Generali, Barclays, Quilter, UOB, Aviva, Zurich, UBS, BNZ, Findex and FNZC. In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. The company has over 1,400 employees in the UK, Czech Republic, Shanghai, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.