Do you have a passion for GIS and the latest developer technologies? Are you the kind of person who loves making a difference? Want to be part of a team that leads the way in developing innovative technology? Then Esri may be the place for you! We’re on a mission to hire talented software engineers who can help us find innovative ways to make Esri software reach new audiences. This is a superb opportunity to design and create next-generation Esri technology.
As an engineer on the ArcGIS Runtime SDK team, your work will range from designing and testing new features to communicating how to use our developer APIs and improving usability of our SDKs, with the support and mentoring of the rest of the development team. You'll also receive training and learning opportunities to help ensure a good start to a successful long-term career. You'll focus on one SDK platform initially, with career opportunities offering you the potential to work in many different programming languages and technologies.
- Build great looking example apps and samples using the latest platform technologies and features
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Create user documentation and tutorials showing the best development techniques
- Keep up to date with current GIS and developer technology and trends
- Familiar with software development on the Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, and/or Android platforms
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with software development and GIS are critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Authorization to work in the UK
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- We find that experience with these also helps: commercial development, user experience design, building and designing software products, and a genuine interest in exploring and experimenting with state-of-the-art developer technologies and tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.