Graduate Product Development Project Leader
£20 - £25k depending upon experience
My client is a Lincolnshire based, family owned business with a history spanning over 100 years. They are a leading supplier of critical garment services within the UK.
A market leader in the provision of specialised clean garments to the food processing and manufacturing industries, the company also offers consumables and PPE services, as well as being a large supplier to the pharmaceuticals industry.
This is abrand new role for a creative, innovative and forward thinking individual who would be motivated by technology and product development within a company.
The Product Development Project Leader will take responsibility for activities in the Product Development team, including the technical development, and improvement, of existing products, the creation of new products and processes, and the project management tasks associated with these activities.
The Product Development Project Leader will:
- Take ownership of, and manage, the product development projects assigned by the Product Development Manager
- Lead project teams which span across different business functions
- Collect and interpret technical data associated with product development projects
- Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of projects and related project management documentation
- Effectively plan product development projects
- Organise the testing of prototypes, and devise suitable iterations in the best interests of the company and its customers
- Support problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Support the validation of new products and processes
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements in the creation of new products
- Support the creative process and the generation of new product ideas
- Maintain all product development systems and records, as specified in department and company Standard Operating Procedures
- Support Technical training of colleagues
- Provide technical support to the wider business
- Liaise with other business functions, in the commercial launch or new products
- Become an expert in the technical understanding of company products
- Implement new technologies into new products
- In conjunction with the Product Development Manager, proactively drive the improvement of the Product Development team and its processes
The ideal Product Development Project Leader will have:
- Scientific/Technical qualifications / experience preferred, but not essential (an undergraduate degree in the sciences, mathematics, engineering, or related subjects, would be an advantage)
- Project management and ownership skills
- Good IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office products
- Full UK/EU driving licence
The ideal Product Development Project Leader will be:
- Personal drive and self-motivation
- Good time management skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good planning and recording skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
This role will suit a Graduate or a Project Manager who has a desire to pursue a career in product development.
What you will receive in return:
- Great starting salary
- Great supportive environment at a company that is growing significantly and is highly profitable
- Training and Development
- Opportunity for progression
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below.