Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Graduate Process Engineer to join the team in our Knutsford office.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of general industrial process, especially in utilities, process water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.Our Engineering Design Team in Knutsford is looking to expand, increasing its skill base in the provision of feasibility and detailed design services in the water and waste sectors.Key Responsibilities
- Based in our Knutsford office, you will work on a portfolio of different projects and will apply your newly acquired skills in a range of environments.
- You will report to a Principal Process Engineer and your role will develop as your knowledge of our business increases. Initially you will:
- Deliver technical assignments, work elements, work packages and project engineering design activities
- Provide advisory support to clients, and work alongside senior engineers and consultants to develop engineering deliverables in a variety of formats to meet our clients’ requirements
- Provide input into multi-disciplinary reports and technical proposals
- Produce design calculations and drawings including P&IDs, mass balance, PFDs and control philosophy documents
- Produce safety documents as/when required including ATEX assessments
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOP meetings, acting as HAZOP secretary
- Attend site meetings to discuss design/commissioning needs.
Skills / Qualifications
We are looking for enthusiastic graduates with a flexible approach and an ability to learn in a leading global consultancy. You will be highly numerate, have excellent communication skills, enjoy working in a collaborative environment and can apply your skills whilst working with a diverse range of clients and projects.
An aptitude for any of the following will be advantageous:
- Problem solving
- Application of engineering principles
- Design development
- Computer aided design and modelling
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering
- Graduate membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full, clean driving license
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.