An opportunity had arisen for a graduate laboratory technician to join a leading chemical and materials testing organisation at their state of the art facility in Southampton. As a graduate lab technician you will work as part of the technical team carrying out sample preparation and testing on a number of hazardous chemicals and materials whilst adhering to GLP and ISO standards.
To be successful as a graduate lab technician you should hold a relevant scientific qualification ideally Chemistry and possess previous laboratory experience, either within an academic or commercial laboratory.
Graduate Laboratory Technician Responsibilities:
- Carry out sample preparation and run chemical, gas and material tests on various customer samples.
- Work alongside the laboratory team to ensure all tests are carried out to ISO and GLP standards.
- Deliver result reports to the laboratory team leader.
- Ensure the laboratory is kept clean and tidy in accordance to SOP's.
- Undertake training programmes provided by the company.
Graduate Laboratory Technician Requirements:
- Hold a relevant scientific qualification in chemistry or closely related discipline.
- Possess previous laboratory experience either from an academic or commercial environment.
- Excellent communication and team work skills are essential.
- Some knowledge around chemical reactions and COSHH would be highly advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including: Word & Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Salary £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits - 25 Days Holiday - Pension Contribution - Life Assurance
Hours: Monday to Thursday: 08:45 - 5pm & Friday: 08:45 - 15:15
If you are a recent graduate and are looking to secure your first role outside of academia as part of a close-knit team then get in touch with Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific.
£18,000.00 - £20,000.00 per year