Ian Farmer Associates, a member of RSK Group Ltd, is a geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation company with offices covering the majority of the United Kingdom. It is further supported by a fully accredited UKAS laboratory and together with the Geosciences division of RSK, the company makes RSK Group one of the UK’s largest site investigation service providers.
We now have a unique opportunity for a recent graduate to enter a career in the geological sector and join our team in Llanelli
GRADUATE ENGINEERING GEOLOGIST – Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate and be happy to spend a significant proportion of their time managing site investigation work. Other duties will include:
- undertaking preliminary risk assessments (phase 1 desk studies) and intrusive site investigations at locations across the UK
- managing fieldwork activities, including the collating of site data
- managing clients, engineers and subcontractors
- organising and managing projects in the following sectors: house builders, commercial property developers, public sector bodies, manufacturing and industrial
- undertaking project management duties, including assisting with the preparation of preparing health and safety documentation before and during any site works
- scheduling analysis of soil and water samples and writing factual reports
- BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
- A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
- Familiar with and be able to interpret geological maps and published geological data
- A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
- Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Full, clean UK driving licence essential
Salary and benefits:
- £depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Nikita Soni, HR Advisor on 07741 726 422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer