Our client is an award-winning creator of peer-reviewed open acces journals in the medical sector. They provide material to thousands of physicians, including congress reviews, as well as breaking news, analysis and access to information of unparalleled quality.
The goal of the Journal is to become The go-to place for healthcare professionals in Europe. The reason for this and the reason they are in business is To challenge and equip everyone to be the best they can.
They want to build thier brand to be Energetic, Trusted, Progressive, Open-Minded, and Best in Class.
They are looking for an Editorial Assistant in our Chelmsford office who wishes to develop a career in publishing.
You will be given the opportunity to use your Medical Science qualification and excellent written skills to progress your career.
How you can expect to spend your day:
- You will support the co-ordination of and workflow for the incredible medical journals, which cover 16 therapeutic areas
- Research skills and medical knowledge to assist with commissioning journal content and authors
- Research and commission articles, abstracts, and features
- Read about the latest hot topics in medicine, source experts in the field, and make decisions about papers
- Maintain and develop relationships with Editorial Board members and commission forewords, interviews, and peer review suggestions
- Proof and edit all content, ensuring all contributors and team members comply with our guidelines
- A team player who can support all internal departments and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Medical Science degree (or equivalent qualification) is essential
- Proofreading/copyediting or publishing experience – desirable
- Excellent writing and English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to take instruction
- Outstanding verbal, written, and telephone communication Passionate about medical publishing
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business with enormous growth potential founded on a really strong brand and a very talented and successful leadership team.
- You will be trained to become not only an expert in events, but also in one of the most exciting and World Leading Industries: Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices
- A career path to future long term leadership and earning potential
- Amazing progression opportunities within the company Increase in basic salary after employment milestones (£30,000 minimum after 2 years’ service)
- A ‘gold medal winning’ culture and the chance to work in a collaborative and supportive
- Editorial team Exciting and growing industry
- Summer Ball and awards night
- Fun monthly incentives for meeting targets
- Ongoing coaching and training in a positive and inspiring work environment
- The chance to develop and progress your skills, experience, and career