Location: London, Cardinal Place
We appreciate that recruitment and job seeking may not be a priority for people in the current climate. The safety and wellbeing of individuals is of the utmost importance and we as a business are assisting through data intelligence in any way we can. However, we do have some critical hires at present and there may be individuals at this time open to a new opportunity. We are seeking a graduate Economist to join Experian's established Analytics Group based in our global Headquarters in London Victoria.
Experian's Analytics Group is seeking to recruit two economists, with a strong econometrics background, to join our Economics Team. We are recruiting talented early careerists (strong undergraduate degree and/or Masters), and some experience in industry with a genuine interest in economics. This role is to support the team's economists in building and running econometric models as well as producing analysis and forecasts for a wide range of regular client services and consulting projects. This is a great time to join the team given the current economic climate and the importance of their work.
Check out the link below to grasp the scope of work and products the team are involved in: https://www.experian.co.uk/business/business-information/market-intelligence/economic-services/
The Economics Team
The economist will join a group of 14 economists working across a wide variety of economics and credit risk services and consultancy. This team specialises in model-driven forecasts and analysis for the UK's economy, credit markets, regions, sectors and socio-demographic segments. Examples of the breadth of client projects recently undertaken include building loss forecasting models, concentration risk analysis, stress testing and running local area impact scenarios. Clients include first and second tier banking and financial services companies, commercial real estate, retail and public sector.
This team have a great track record for successful career development and establishing career pathways from Junior - Senior leadership. The role reports into Mohammed Chaudhri - Head of Economics . Mohammed joined Experian in 2014 as Senior Economist.
Meet some of the team:
What you will be doing as an Economist
- Data preparation, analysis, modelling and forecasting.
- Working with large datasets from both public sources and Experian's in-house databases.
- Use econometric software, including R and Eviews, to manipulate and forecast datasets.
- Supporting the senior econometrician in reviewing and refining existing models.
- Supporting projects to design and build econometric & credit forecasting models and processes for both consulting projects with external clients and in-house use.
- Written analysis of current and future trends in the UK economy, regions and credit markets.
- Opportunities to present forecasts and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and participate in performance management processes.
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements.
Essential Experience - You should apply if you have:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to present data in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Knowledge of MS office software, including excel, word, powerpoint
Desirable Experience - Its is also nice if you have
- Relevant experience in building econometric models and producing macroeconomic forecasts would be highly desirable.
- Experience in use of standard econometric and statistical packages, for example Eviews and R, is desirable.
- Familiarity with UK data and analysis of any of the following would be desirable: UK regions/local areas, credit markets and the housing market.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.