Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Trainee Data Engineer (Trainee) in Kainos you will enter the Kainos Big Data Academy. Successful graduates of the Big Data Academy will become Associate Data Engineers, following a period of extended project-based training.
Data Engineers work within a multi-skilled agile team to develop large-scale data processing software to meet user needs in demanding production environments. Working to develop data processing software primarily for deployment in Big Data technologies, the role encompasses the full software lifecycle including design, code, test and defect resolution
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our Data Engineering teams means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability through our Big Data Academy.
This position will start in Summer 2021 following your graduation.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Software development experience with JVM languages
• Ability to write easily testable code including automated unit testing.
• Experienced in continuous integration tools and techniques (e.g. Jenkins).
• Ability to work collaboratively with others using version control (e.g. Git)
• Clear verbal presentation with an open attitude to sharing information.
• Able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
• Experience of data visualisation and complex data transformations, including ETL tools such as Talend.
• Experience with steaming and event-processing architectures including technologies such as Kafka and change-data-capture (CDC) products.
• Comfortable with continuous improvement and sharing input on data best practice.
• Participation in development and/or technology communities.
• Experience of Python and R
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.