Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting Graduate Civil Engineers for our September 2019 intake to work in one of our London, Leamington Spa or Bristol offices.
Working within various multidiscipline project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Waste, Energy, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and highways, and Major Infrastructure.
Duties will include field investigations, preliminary analysis and studies, as well as the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design calculations, reports and contract documents. The position will involve technical design work at all stages of the construction cycle (i.e. feasibility through to decommissioning), detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-discipline projects, as well as resolution of design issues during construction.
- Organise and manage site based investigations
- Completing civil engineering design calculations
- Prepare technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, conceptual and detailed design
- Prepare contract documents
- Co-ordinate the production of construction drawings in CAD
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Provide input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budget
- Provide support to allow the Principal Designer to carry out their duties
- Prepare Design Risk Assessments
Skills / Qualifications
- MEng Civil Engineering
- Minimum First class or Upper Second class degree.
- Degree must be accredited by Engineering Council and ICE for CEng
- Related work experience for engineering companies
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Civil 3D an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Experience in Microsoft Project an advantage but not essential
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to contribute to an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.