Becoming a Graduate Building Surveyor with Local Government Public Services:
This role is for a Graduate Building Surveyor and they will be responsible for service delivery to a wide range of clients in designing solutions in the private, education, local authorities and other public sector clients. You will assist with developing detailed briefs in conjunction with the client & senior colleagues as well as taking responsibility for early stage design and feasibility work. The business is a fast emerging major player in the property and infrastructure consultancy markets, capable of challenging the ‘status quo’ and delivering outstanding client facing results.
What you will do:
- Have responsibility for early stage design and feasibility work
- Carry out site surveys (including measured surveys, condition surveys & defect analysis)
- Carry out detailed design work and assist with preparing tender information
- Assist with administering building contracts (JCT or NEC)
- Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect Analysis, PW work, dilapidations, DDA & FRA’s)
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors & other consultants (internal and external)
Your experience will include:
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Good AutoCAD &/or REVIT skills
- Full UK Driving Licence & use of own vehicle
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work & willingness to travel as may be required.
About Capita Local Government
For over 25 years, Capita has been the UK’s leading provider of services to local government. We help councils to improve efficiency, provide better services and become more commercially sustainable. This works through a variety of frameworks, service agreements, commercial partnerships, shared services and joint venture companies. We cover all local government operations – from customer management, HR and property development to back office processing, administration and IT. Join us and you’ll be part of a team providing a full range of back office, middle office and customer facing services.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday rising with length of service, Annual RICS fee paid, fully funded training courses APC, flexible working (hours and remote working), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact Chris Pope (Chris.email@example.com) for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |