Are you looking for your first job after Graduation? We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Grad Engineer to work in our Radio Firmware team.
At Samsung Cambridge, we develop Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips. As a Grad Engineer, you will be working on Wi-Fi radio and low level MAC layer issues to provide support for our chips.
You will be involved in time critical front line customer support on our chipsets, working with the team to reproduce, identify and solve issues.
You’ll learn about the basic architecture, design and implementation of radio firmware features, learn how to use logging facilities and how to analyse sniffer logs and core dumps to interpret radio behaviour.
You will have an opportunity to develop and hone your C programming skills while modifying radio aspects of production firmware.
- Own and drive resolution of issues raised by phone manufacturers
- Work with Radio Firmware and other development teams within SCSC to find solutions
- Liaise with test teams in UK, India and S. Korea to test firmware modifications
- Relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/software/engineering etc.
- Good understanding of ‘C’ and Python
- Effective team player
- Good communicator
- Good problem solving ability
- Some knowledge of software development
- Exposure to revision control systems (Git preferred)
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols
- Awareness of wireless radio technologies
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment
- A keen interest in wireless technology and the operation of radio frequency hardware
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
Samsung Cambridge are following all government guidelines and many of our team are still working from home. In the office we have many new safety precautions.
All of our interviews will be online. Your safety and our teams safety is our number one priority.