Requisition ID: 231387
Requisition Posting End Date: 12/05/2020
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project Management, Project Controls, Commercial, Safety, Quality and Regulatory Assurance leadership) services.
- Reports to the Regulatory Affairs & Assurance Office Lead, with a functional reporting line to the Project Controls Manager.
- Works closely with leads for Communications, Planning & Consents, Safety Case, Systems Engineering as well as with Project Controls Functions.
- Prepares the Project Governance Plan – and updates this through the project cycle as Partners and Contractors join the team.
- Creates and implements measurement systems for established processes, analyzes performance metric results, and identifies improvements.
- Uses statistical tools to analyze metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), and ability to analyze measurement systems to identify bias, repeatability, and stability issues.
- Interfaces with Bechtel management and client counterparts for schedule and cost performance presentations.
- Prepares and presents cost engineering/estimating/planning and scheduling performance information to management/client.
- Coordinates information input into specific performance studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates performance study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion.
- Performs productivity analysis of project operations and verifies results by work group.
- Experience working in project controls/business planning gained across multiple projects/programmes on progressively more responsible roles.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Will be experienced in the production of management information reporting at programme level including the use of enterprise level systems.
- Experience in developing processes for reporting that are tailored to the programme environment and to meeting customer requirements.
- Experience in monitoring and reviewing planning and scheduling performance, including schedule development, control, and analysis, as well as cost performance, including cost estimating, cost control, financial reporting systems, and cost analysis.
- Demonstrated strong background with and an ability to review and present cost engineering and cost estimating products as well as planning and scheduling products using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills and engineering design and construction practices.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of understanding of Project Controls technical skills.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- EPC/EPCM experience on major infrastructure programmes.
- Project Controls leadership experience on nuclear and/or defence projects.
- Experience on UK construction projects of >£100M TIC.
- Previous experience in execution planning and in authoring procedures would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of successful project controls delivery across scheduling, cost engineering, cost estimating and risk management – and full exposure to project business case scrutiny processes and UK project controls practices (EVMS, MDAL, CDAL, confidence modelling, etc.).
- Experienced in the application of BI Analytics to deliver management information across a programme.
- APM / PMI qualifications or similar.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.