Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanityrsquo;s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture
Located in our Berkshire, UK or Greensboro, NC, US sites
We are looking for experienced project leaders in the area of toxicology and safety assessment. Working within Product Safety, Toxicology, you will work as part of our team of technical project leaders leading complex programmes to support our new active ingredients through development process and global regulatory submission. As part of our cross-functional technical teams, you will also provide advice to internal stakeholders on human safety across all phases of the research and development process, as well as providing expertise to support the development and registration of Syngenta products. Roles at a range of experience levels (including Technical Expert and Senior Technical Expert) are available; salary will be commensurate with experience.
The successful candidates will:
- Manage discrete projects in toxicology relating to the development, registration and ongoing support of Syngenta products.
- Use both existing regulatory and novel strategies to assessing the potential toxicity of new Syngenta active ingredients.
- Be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders globally, advocating technical positions effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Provide technical expertise and written contribution to support the registration of Syngenta active ingredients (AI) and formulated products.
- Support the development and registration of new AIrsquo;s through relavant governance processes by demonstrating compliance with both Syngenta Product Safety standards and external regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to toxicological and regulatory science foresight on emerging issues.
- Develop and deliver robust techno-regulatory hazard data packages to support new AI development and registration in global markets
- Lead the delivery of critical regulatory documents to support registrations, to time and quality
- Provide toxicological advice to multi-disciplinary teams responsible for the registration of Syngenta products.
- Lead and contribute to projects so that they are properly specified, reviewed and delivered on time and meet stakeholders needs.
- Represent Syngenta and give presentations at internal and external events to enable development and business decisions and regulatory submissions to be made.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including managing direct relationships with global regulatory teams and external regulatory agencies..
- Influence the development of techno-regulatory strategies and project work plans.
- This is a global role and we are looking for a specialist knowledge within the area of toxicology, therefore excellent experience is required
- Educated to degree level in a biological science or chemistry required, higher degree qualification (MSc or PhD) preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and to deliver technical leadership in defined areas
- Experience of regulatory registration process in global markets for pesticides or related areas desirable but not essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop robust networks and key relationships. The ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
Syngenta will offer:
- Competitive benefits package
- Supportive culture and an opportunity to learn
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.