DESCRIPTION / JOB PURPOSE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to work with the Global Software Product Management team in Experian's Decisioning Analytics business.
Experian One is a cloud-based decisioning service platform offering PowerCurve services that help businesses manage the entire customer journey and customer relationships. It helps businesses make better customer decisions across the customer journey (acquisition, customer management, collections). It's a unified, component-based platform for strategy design and execution, enriched with capabilities for credit risk decisioning.
We are enhancing our core product offering to include Big Data capabilities and enable Advanced ML/AI capabilities which will be delivered in our Cloud platform. This has created an opportunity for a product thought leader to own and manage the data management roadmap which support our core applications and new innovations. The data management roadmap includes the platform capabilities enabling data ingestion, data pipeline, data transformation, data storage and core product platform logical data management.
The ideal candidate is one who has extensive technical and product experience in the cloud, data and analytics space. We would also invite applicants who have strong experience as a technical lead, technical project manager or data architect interested in also picking up business responsibilities.
This being a global role, there is an expectation of moderate international travel to meet various internal and external stakeholders.
The global product management team owns and manages the product roadmap on behalf of the business.
Reporting to the Product Management Director of platform data management capabilities, the Global Product Manager will build the platform data management product roadmap by blending the company strategic objectives with client needs. You will be responsible for market requirements, commercial justification, product development, rollout, launch, upgrades and ongoing management to service the needs of each of Experian's chosen global markets.
The Global Product Manager will be working closely in collaboration and consensus with regional Product, Sales and implementation functions as well as with clients directly to understand the market demand and client requirements in each region.
Development of features and capabilities is carried out by the Global Software development function and the Global Product Manager will be responsible to own and manage relationships with scrum teams spread across continents to implement their roadmap.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience in application integration and data integration (SOA, MOA, Microservice Rest APIs) in traditional on prem and cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
• Proven experience in data pipeline, data lakes and/or data warehouses for the use of BI, Advanced Analytics or AI/ML purposes.
• Experience in processing both Batch and Streaming data with demonstrable knowledge of Kafka or Spark streaming process.
• Strong understanding of data transformation processes (Data Wrangling, Cleansing, aggregation of data sets)
• Good knowledge and experience working with ETL tools (Talend, Infomatica, Alteryx), databases (e.g DymanoDB, Apache Cassandra, Postgres) and Big Data implementations (e.g Spark, Hadoop).
• Strong awareness of the available tools and technologies for data transformation and ETL pipeline and storage.
• Good knowledge and experience working with software deployed in combination of traditional deployment models and cloud/SaaS deployment model.
• Demonstrated experience working in agile product management and product development processes.
• Experience using Aha!, JIRA and other product development tools.
• Adept at managing and developing complex products with tight deadlines.
• Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix environment.
• Customer orientation and client relation skills with strong problem-solving ability.
• Ability to influence and build productive relationships with key stakeholders.
• Experience delivering solutions using Cloud Data Pipelines, Data Warehouses and or SaaS (or Serverless) data products.
• Good knowledge of credit decision management solutions, including software, data and analytics - across design/implementation and execution.
• Good analytical mindset with attention to detail and superior reporting and data analysis skills.
• Experience working with partners and vendors.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION