The Helpdesk Associate is responsible for providing proactive Helpdesk support in response to calls/emails from our internal Distribution Project Management Group, External clients and Clinical Trial investigator sites. This will include, but is not limited to working with our approved couriers to track in transit drug supply chain shipments, proactively intervene to manage and resolve issues, escalating for internal or external support as necessary
Division Specific Information
The Pharma Services Group division develop & manufacture medicines that treat various conditions and provide clinical trial packaging, storage, distribution, and logistics services. Thermo Fisher has led the clinical trials logistics services market for decades.
What will you do?
- Obtain courier costs and transit times from approved couriers for distribution of domestic and international orders to/from global 3rd party locations.
- Create and Present freight quotes to internal and external clients for domestic and international distribution.
- Schedule and execute distribution of orders with approved couriers for domestic and international destinations in compliance with GDP guidelines.
- Proactively track and trace orders to ensure on time delivery within our service level agreement
- Process orders in our Global project management system and generate freight invoices.
- Actively participate in team meetings, conference calls, and daily operations meetings
- Receiving calls from our internal Distribution Project Management group, external clients, investigator sites globally and recording issues in our Global Logistics Helpdesk Service Management system.
- Escalating calls when required as per our SOPs.
- Ensuring all calls / emails received are managed through to resolution.
- Participation in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
- Degree Level or Equivalent in relevant subject
- Professional experience within the logistics arena
- Knowledge of distribution track and trace
- Process analysis skill suitable to collect/analyze data leading to proposed process improvement.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet timescales.
- Able to analyze problems and define solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and to support others within the team.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand the client’s requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent development with a large and growing global employer;
- Competitive salary;
- 33 days annual leave (this include bank holidays);
- Private healthcare cover;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Range of flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, gymflex amongst others;
- Discount shopping scheme.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!