Global Online Director – 12 month Maternity Leave
Jo Malone London is a British fragrance and lifestyle brand, timeless and elegant, but always infused with a charming dash of wit and whimsy.
It is exactly these distinctly British qualities that are the heritage, and heart, of Jo Malone London. Since its inception in 1990, Jo Malone London has become a name internationally synonymous with all that is most coveted in British style. Known for its revolutionary approach, pioneeringin its use of ingredientstocreate elegantly simply colognes.
At Jo Malone London, we are committed to building a world class brand by developing talented people. Working with world-renowned master perfumers and London’s leading creative talent Jo Malone London is enduringly at the forefront of perfumery. We are a creative led, dedicated to encouraging our employees to question, innovate and strive for the best whilst keeping our core value of kindness at the centre of all that we do.
T his position is responsible for managing and delivering the Global Online business sales goals, customer experience and UX and site merchandising for Jo Malone London Globally. The role requires an expert in Global e-commerce trading with well-rounded knowledge of all short term and long term e-commerce strategies, Site UX and CX and best practice Digital Marketing. T he successful candidate will also have had experience in managing/steering a large experienced team of whom are working on multiple projects. This Director will need to be comfortable in getting into the detail and help team execute key programmes and projects. This role is hands on, and is responsible for the Global Online PL, the Site Development Roadmap, strategic and financial planning/ modelling based on site performance/ site metrics. The person within this role needs to make daily decisions on the Global Online business and steer key projects currently on the roadmap eg Site Re-design and associated roll out Globally. Although the role supports and leads team members in all the following functions; this particular role is roughly split 45% Ecommerce Site Strategy and Planning, 35% Digital Marketing and 20% Retailer.com strategy.
Role Responsibilities include:
Online and Digital Marketing Strategy and Sales
Work with regional teams to ensure e/comm sales targets are met. Assist in any mitigation or contingency planning and modelling if necessary.
Global Online lead for UK and APAC market. Supporting Global Online Manager and Assistant Manager with their regions.
· Build seasonal Ecommerce strategy for markets and ensure all projects support the Jo Malone brand strategy.
· Offer consistent brand experience across all sites, and contribute to Jo Malone.com and Retailer.com growth
· Build effective localised Always On campaigns strategies using evergreen assets ensuring markets have what they need monthly to drive basic business and key brand pillars/categories.
· Responsible in the creative requests and delivery for all calendar activity, consolidating all requirements from regional online teams.
· Coordinating, approving and supporting Global Online Assistant and Co-ordinator who focus on Campaign strategy and execution.
· Lead business analysis and insights of all programs and drive continuous improvement to Jo Malone London online business.
· Collaborate with Global Consumer Engagement, Retail and Creative teams to conceptualise digital campaigns (display advertising, microsites, gifting tools, apps, user-generated content, etc)
· Identifying new business opportunities and distribution channels to increase the Jo Malone London footprint in brand relevant doors e.g Retailer.com’s globally.
· Input and deliver on the 3 year business Jo Malone London strategy and ensuring able to plan and execute all Online recommendations that come with key strategic pillars for the business and set metrics, milestones and deliverables.
· Facilitate and pioneer key sampling and promotional strategies that fit with our business equity goals and strategies.
· Provide leadership, direction and business rationales to Global stakeholders on all aspects of Jo Malone London online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects for the Ecommerce channel.
· Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency on the site – share out to other markets.
· Define budget for Global production working with the Estee Lauder Production teams to ensure resource for production and timely delivery.
· Manage the Opex and Capex budget for the Global Online team
· Manage an experienced team of 10 individuals whom cover key areas such as Site UX and Customer Experience, Innovation and Projects, Campaign Strategy and Execution and Retailer.com partners.
· Manage a busy, dynamic team on multiple projects, being hands on and assisting in giving direction and prioritisation on an ongoing basis.
Business Analysis and Reporting
· Knowledge in all aspects of Ecommerce Analytics eg Google Analytics and Adobe and be able to pull reports and retrieve key insights for all aspects of analysis for site, product and campaign performance.
· Support brand stakeholders and share analysis of key business metrics and site performance including but not limited to:
- Key site metrics (e.g. site traffic, page views, page performance, abandonment rates, etc.)and sales conversion
- Registered user growth and behavior (e.g. site usage patterns of registered users)
- On-site and natural search
- Content and merchandising sections
· Calculate ROI for each channel (eg email, PPC or search) or program/ execution and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Order Value (AOV), and repeat purchases.
· Communicate reporting and analysis with key stakeholders to share learnings.
Email and PPC/Search/SEOMarketing
· Responsible for Email Marketing briefs, planning and strategies Globally and timing of the delivery of these assets.
· Responsible for PPC and Search strategies and asset planning.
· Work with Global CRM and Consumer Engagement to help develop and assist in the strategic direction on Global eCRM strategy.
· Work with regional teams, Global CRM and Consumer Engagement on email segmentation, frequency of sends and overall email calendars to ensure effective 360 customer messaging and planning.
· Oversee special email projects (e.g. market on-boarding of new ESPs in markets, best practice implementation, best practice design and email template amends and briefings)
· Manage the Global SEO agency. Manage contract, deliverables, milestones and projects as a result of on-going needs of the business and the Redesign.
Innovation and Planning
· Localisation expert – planning and executing localised activity to reflect regional relevancy and local commercial needs of regions around the world.
· Commercial planning – using Google Analytics and data with Ecommerce acumen to effectively build best in class online tactics and increase uplift of sales YOY.
· Working on new innovation and projects managing the timeline, milestones and execution of any new site functionality needed in campaign launches.
· Sales mitigation and contingency – good problem solver who is able to work in an agile manner. Someone who can plan programme strategies in advance allowing for contingency but who can also think of their feet and react to business needs.
· Oversee total customer experience and UX on the Global sites.
· Manage the Site features Roadmap in accordance with new functionality available as part of white label Estee Lauder builds or suggest and push for new functionality where appropriate.
· Business case planning, ROI and measurement of key development opportunities.
· Work effectively with Consumer Engagement (Social Media, CRM), Creative, Marketing, and engineering to collect technical, creative and content requirements and assure open communication and work flow between all team members.
· Lead development and execution of key on-site projects including but not limited to:
- Special applications (e.g. - gifting tools, Fragrance Combining tool, other interactive elements)
- New functionality and technology upgrades
- Oversee strategic refinement and execution of site elements (ef delivery options, search, live chat recommendations)
- Oversee all functional requirements and process documentation for site management
- Oversee AI/ARdesign, development and implementation that touch the online channel.
- Direct quality assurance process and approve final user testing site-wide.
· Oversee the Jo Malone London Re-design Roll out to markets Globally. Manage and co-ordinate the Roll out as per the roll out schedule and training of regional and market teams.
· Ensure roll out is kept on track and collaboration with key stakeholders of the Re-design eg the ELC Production teams, Regions, Markets and Internal brand stakeholders. Also be able to report on and estimate uplift of re-design in all markets and sales projections.
· Shape and lead the Global retailer.com strategy according to wider brand needs and strategies.
· Manage and drive Retailer.com sales goals.
· Steer best practice Retailer.com on-boarding Globally.
· Support and outline seasonal and Always on online strategy for Retailer.com’s.
· Work with regional teams to facilitate the creation and execution of all promotional activities and merchandising strategy to build retailer.com business through special programs, customer acquisition, and retention.
• 8 years + experience within Online and Digital
• Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and listening skills
• Superb Ecommerce and Online Marketing business acumen
• Strong relationship building skills, works collaboratively and energetically
• Multi – tasker with excellent time management
• Highly organised, detail-oriented, flexible and process-driven
• Analytical and be a data-driven decision-maker
• Problem solver with a positive, can-do attitude.
This person will need to be passionate; a true collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They need to be resourceful and be able to execute daily tasks whilst also managing and steering an experienced team. We would like a team – player, someone who is used to working with many cross-functional stakeholders. A lively, positive, energetic and hard-working addition to the team.