Business Insider is looking for a paid fellow to join its global translation team in London.
We’re looking for a news junkie with language skills to help find stories from our foreign language and global partner sites and translate them into English. We are ideally looking for a native-English speaker with strong skills in German. Other languages are a bonus.
This role will involve liaising with newsroom editors and working independently to identify the best content from international sites to translate for a global audience. This fellow will also highlight the best English-language content to our global editions and partners to help get our stories in front of a larger, international audience.
This fellowship is based in our London office in Shoreditch, and will last six months from the start date.
The ideal candidate:
- Speaks and reads German proficiently, and has a native understanding of English syntax and grammar quirks
- Is a self-starter and able to work quickly and independently
- Has excellent research and copy editing skills
- Has a good instinct and news judgement for what Business Insider and INSIDER readers find interesting
- Is extremely organised and an exceptional communicator
- Has UK work authorisation
- Can commit to a full time role Mon-Fri 9am-5pm for six months
Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage, as would a background in journalism.
If this sounds like your ideal job, we would love to hear from you!
Apply here with a CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include a link to your LinkedIn profile.