Whatever's come before, you'll find a better way of doing things.
Whether it's redesigning systems, testing solutions ahead of roll-out, or developing training plans, our ongoing release of new solutions to business users and customers will be safe in your hands.
We are constantly seeking better ways to serve our customers in store and online. Our global department leads transformation across technology, people and processes. It means it's a fascinating and important role with lots of responsibility. This is about getting stuck in and making a big contribution, so we can keep giving our customers new and exciting ways to shop.
Digital and eCommerce Analyst - Travel Required
Are you passionate about digital technology and eCommerce and eager to travel?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Global Business Coordination department (GBC), at our office in Tamworth. You will be part of a hugely ambitious technology programme and will be responsible for supporting Product Owners across European countries within The ALDI South Group on a number of eCommerce and digital related tasks. In the GBC department, it is our job to think about how we can improve our customers’ lives, evolve the business, and prepare for the future. From spotting market trends to forming industry-first technology solutions, we create products and experiences that keep customers coming back to Aldi, time and time again. For you, it’s an amazing opportunity to utilise state-of-the-art technology to bring about digital change that delivers real customer value.
You will be responsible for researching a variety of digital and eCommerce software suppliers, producing proposals as well as acting as a go between for the supplier and Product Owners. You will be gathering, analysing and evaluating market data to support your proposals. You will be seen as the centre point of knowledge within the eCommerce project team and be expected to champion best practices whilst continually focusing on adding value to your individual processes.
Communication is key to this role therefore you will have excellent stakeholder communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills. You will go beyond data analysis and will engross yourself and be passionate about the end goal. The ideal candidate will have previously worked in an eCommerce role.
As this role is part of a global team, there will be significant European travel for the first 6-8 months of this exciting role in which you will get the chance to travel other countries which form part of the ALDI South Group (including Germany and Austria) as well as gaining new insights and experiences. On average you will travel 3 out of 4 weeks per month. All travel, accommodation and food expenses will be paid for.
This position is a full time contract, with the possibility of further full time opportunities at the end of the fixed term.
• Collaborate with various teams
• Translate business requirements to your team and potential suppliers
• Ensure all deliverables are met on schedule and are fit for purpose
• Document best practices, standards and processes to ensure continual improvement of eCommerce
• Identify cost effective and efficient eCommerce platforms and suppliers
• Excellent stakeholder communication
• Experience of project management / support
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Atlassian systems
• Ability to quickly understand new software
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken and able to demonstrate the ability to write clear, well thought through and concise user stories
• Capable of building trust and relationships at all levels
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to prioritise tasks within a changing environment
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
• Experience of eCommerce related software implementations (desirable)
• Understanding/experience of delivering eCommerce journeys end to end (desirable)
• Digital Retail experience (desirable)
Basic salary as advertised plus benefits and travel bonus.
This could be the start of a brand-new stage in your career. If you’re ready for a new journey and feel you are the perfect candidate please submit your application.