Take responsibility for the business processes and technology solutions that truly enhance our customers' experience.
With a background of Agile working, you'll help deliver tangible technology improvements to a variety of markets across the whole Aldi South Group.
We are constantly seeking better ways to serve our customers in store and online. Our global department leads transformation across technology, people and processes. It means it's a fascinating and important role with lots of responsibility. This is about getting stuck in and making a big contribution, so we can keep giving our customers new and exciting ways to shop.
Senior Media Buying Manager
Contract Type: 18 month Fixed Term Contract
ALDI is looking for a talented media manager to join the global team: a professional who lives and breathes media and is excited at the opportunity to influence how media is used by a significant global advertiser.
We have several positions available at different levels of ALDI up to Senior Manager level where media buying expertise is indispensable. Level and salary for the role will depend on experience.
As part of the ambitious Media Buying team, you’ll work internationally to enhance media planning capabilities across digital and traditional media. Your team will deliver value through consolidation of global media buying processes, the introduction of innovative new media buying strategies, and the development of strategic relationships at a global level with a range of organisations.
Your profile will be that of an experienced media planner, with strong negotiation skills and a strong commercial acumen for contracting with media and adtech partners, with solid experience in procurement, preferably with strong industry knowledge of the retail and eCommerce sectors.
• Assist in the development of media plans and activities across our country businesses.
• Negotiate global prices for forecast media volumes.
• Manage negotiations end-to-end on global media buying frameworks and agreements, covering print, broadcast and digital.
• Bring proven project management experience and will be expected to track success associated with the global media buying team with precise attention to detail.
• Will be strongly process orientated and bring tight, efficient processes to the implementation of negotiation/procurement/buying strategies.
• Possess expert knowledge of the latest platforms, tools and innovative technologies available for optimising process management, procurement and contract compliance.
• Have a collaborative mindset and knowledge of the right tools to enable collaboration and coordination between stakeholders across several markets and formulated ideas on how to share best practice and leverage in-market experience.
• Qualified to degree level (minimum 2:1) or equivalent
• Extensive relevant work experience in media buying, such as in media procurement and structuring and designing media buying contracts across digital and/or broadcast and/or print media
• Strong contractual negotiation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Proven ability to engage with international stakeholders and senior business leaders
• A customer centric focus
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Experience of project management and managing external vendor relationships
• Experienced team manager
• Process-driven and skilled in bringing structure to teams, implementing best practices and new tools to maximize positive impact of team activities on business
• Proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams
• Articulate and a good communicator
• Strong leadership skills
• Highly intelligent, with the ability to challenge conventional thinking
• Analytical with excellent numerical skills, professional, highly organised
• Self-motivated and ability to work in high pressure environments to short deadlines
• Ability to motivate and coach an international and cross-cultural team
• Project management certified (PRINCE 2, APM or SCRUM)
• Experience with data mining/SQL/Python/R/SAS
• Expertise in media planning with strong skills in media mix planning
• Experience as a procurement manager requiring coordination across different markets
• Experience in the retail industry with proficiency in JIRA, Confluence